• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Morosi: Angels are interested in Matthew Boyd

mmc

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

That's certainly true, but I'd look at Boyd as a replacement for Skaggs. It's basically a wash. Ohtani and *insert FA starter here* replace Harvey and Cahill. Pretty big upgrade overall.

Yep. Even just on a hypothetical WAR level, if Boyd is about as good as Skaggs, even if he isn't quite as good next year he adds +1 win from this year. Ohtani and a solid #3 starter, say 3 WAR each, replace the -1 WAR of Harvey/Cahill, so that's +6-7 more.

So that adds +7-8 wins. We're on pace for 83 wins. Making those changes, with all else being equal, yields 90-91 wins. 

14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Let's all remember though that Ohtani has pitched all of 50+ innings since 2018.    They can't count on him for anymore than about 100 innings in 2020, and maybe 120-130 innings in 2021.  If they want him to stay healthy.

I really don't know where you are getting these innings numbers from. Obviously they're going to be careful with him but if he's dominating they can't just be like "Welp, we gotta shut you down, Shohei" in July.

4 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't know where you're getting this from. I'd understand Ohtani being on a strict innings limit, but if Heaney and Canning stay healthy, they should be a good bit above that. I also think Barria is capable of pitching 150 innings or so. 

Basically, if none of the returning pitchers throw more than 130 innings, sum ting wong.

Did you have a lobotomy or something?

Tigers apparently looking to keep Boyd. They haven't been blown away with any offer. They asked Houston for Tucker gives you a bit of an idea on the market for him. Then again.. This is coming from Nightengale so this probably means he's getting traded.