• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Morosi: Angels are interested in Matthew Boyd

mmc

I'm wondering if the Angels get Cole in the off season and sign 1 of Odorizzi or Alex wood. Jake will be in his age 30 season and Wood will be entering his age 29 season. Pairing Cole with Odorizzi/Wood along with Ohtani, Canning and company would go a long way. Like Jeff has said in the past. We don't have the luxury of having assets we can sell for prospects that we can afford to lose building towards 2020 and beyond. 2019 is a wash at this point. Look to 2020. We keep the farm intact and improve the rotation significantly as well by adding those 2 FA pitchers. Let Canning, Saurez, Barria continue to start and hopefully figure some things out to end 2019 on a good note and come into 2020 with some confidence.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Seems like we are all hanging our hopes on Gerrit Cole. I'm sure other teams are as well.

And at least 2 of them, LAD and NYY can easily outbid us.  We will need luck to land him in the form of his simply wanting to be here, more than there.  Im not making any such assumptions till its signed.  Im sure they will try, im not suggesting otherwise

1 minute ago, floplag said:

And at least 2 of them, LAD and NYY can easily outbid us.  We will need luck to land him in the form of his simply wanting to be here, more than there.  Im not making any such assumptions till its signed.  Im sure they will try, im not suggesting otherwise

Since the new ownership has taken over for the Dodgers name one big contract they have signed a pitcher to.  I think they have given one $100 million free agent deal, total.  

Agree with Strad. Dodgers have made all of their big SP moves via trade or development. Greinke was the last one. Most/all of their FA SP signings have been for mid tier guys. Not saying the Dodgers won't check in on Cole and see but this is a guy the Angels almost have to overpay for. Do whatever it takes to get him signed. 

38 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Since the new ownership has taken over for the Dodgers name one big contract they have signed a pitcher to.  I think they have given one $100 million free agent deal, total.  

Are you disputing they could outbid us or just noting that they haven't gone ham of late?   You are correct of course that they havent of late, but i think we would both agree there hasnt been anyone worth going ham over really either.
They are potentially losing Ryu and Hill dont forget.  

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Are you disputing they could outbid us or just noting that they haven't gone ham of late?   You are correct of course that they havent of late, but i think we would both agree there hasnt been anyone worth going ham over really either.
They are potentially losing Ryu and Hill dont forget.  

Not disputing they can. Just saying it isn’t their MO. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Not disputing they can. Just saying it isn’t their MO. 

You are correct it hasnt been in recent years, I suspect that might change for a guy like Cole though if they do indeed lose both Ryu and Hill.    They have some kids near ready they could go with i suppose as well but i think they will go after a name SP to offset too many kids

The Dodgers currently have Kershaw, Maeda, Buehler, Stripling and Urias under contract/control through 2021.  They also have Gonsolin and May who if they aren't traded could compete for a spot in the rotation next year.  If they think adding a pitcher who will make 25M+ a year is the answer I have no doubts they could do it but it just doesn't seem like much of a need currently.  

10 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

He's under club control through 2022.  They could and should ask for a ridiculous return right now.

Yup - he has so much control that his production could fluctuate in 2020 and they'd still be able to get a haul for him - slightly less if he sucks (because they could still work the control aspect and push him as a bounceback candidate) and a lot more if he winds up improving.

My guess is if they do acquire someone controlled beyond '20, it'll be someone whose stats aren't too good right now - Dylan Bundy, Jake Junis, Trevor Richards. 

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

He's under club control through 2022.  They could and should ask for a ridiculous return right now.

That is the interesting thing with many trade options this year. Not a lot of incentive for teams to move them. 

If Stroman had netted a top prospect, buyers would have had to come to grips with that being the market value, especially since Stroman isn’t an ace. But since his return was underwhelming, no one wants to or feels like they need to give up their top prospect in a trade.

For those selling, Bauer is valuable to Cleveland because they’re going for a playoff spot, and they can still move him in the offseason or next trade deadline. Boyd and Thor have several years of control, so there’s no immediate deadline to move them if the offers aren’t to their liking.  Bumgarner is unlikely to move simply because the Giants have been playing well despite being effectively a rental on a rebuilding team that could really use the prospects. 

4 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

You guys don't like it? Chances are it's a fair trade then.

You're on fire the last 48 hours!

No literally when you piss it's on fire, you should seek help. :dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon: