• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Morosi: Angels are interested in Matthew Boyd

mmc

On MLB Network right now, Morosi stated the Angels are interested in Matthew Boyd.  He says he perfectly fits the mold of the type of starting pitcher we are looking to acquire.  Hoping something comes of this.

Eppler's proclivity working with Avila makes me think there's a lot of potential here. 

At worst, Boyd is basically right in-line with what we'd been getting from Skaggs. At best, he's the unrealized potential for both he and Heaney. 
We've worked a lot of trades out with Detroit that have worked well for both clubs. 
They're heavy on MLB-ready RHP SPs...something we don't have to offer. 

The Angels would get 3 years and a couple months of control for Boyd - makes it a lot easier to give up say, Suarez for him. 

I'd try and get Greene too...

Just now, totdprods said:

Eppler's proclivity working with Avila makes me think there's a lot of potential here. 

At worst, Boyd is basically right in-line with what we'd been getting from Skaggs. At best, he's the unrealized potential for both he and Heaney. 
We've worked a lot of trades out with Detroit that have worked well for both clubs. 
They're heavy on MLB-ready RHP SPs...something we don't have to offer. 

The Angels would get 3 years and a couple months of control for Boyd - makes it a lot easier to give up say, Suarez for him. 

I'd try and get Greene too...

I don't think giving up Suarez for him makes sense. 

The problem is we need both quality AND quantity. I know Suarez has struggled, but he will get better. He's only 21.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't think giving up Suarez for him makes sense. 

The problem is we need both quality AND quantity. I know Suarez has struggled, but he will get better. He's only 21.

Ideally, the Angels don't give him up, but it's easier to stomach knowing that there's a lot of control with Boyd, as with Suarez.

The rumored asking prices are staunch, especially with the supposed big 3 potentially out of the Yanks reach i thought they would look here.  Interesting.  As with anything it would depend on what we give up but i hope its not Suarez or Canning of course.   Im not wild about the idea of upgrading one spot in the rotation and still leaving on to be filed in these deals but i suspect that going to be what it takes.
AS of right now i think were all assuming Canning Squarez are somewhere 3-5 next year.   upgrading one to a 2 would be nice for sure, but they might be that themselves given another year or two. 

1 minute ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Makes you wonder what the values is for Boyd. he's not in the tier that Stroman belongs, probably one under. Yet, stroman didn't bring a top 100 prospect. Boyd is basically a solid 3, that's pitching like 2.

What sets him apart is he's under control for 3 years. That adds a lot of value.

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

What sets him apart is he's under control for 3 years. That adds a lot of value.

It does but the's also a guy who was below league average or average until this year.  To be fair he hasn't pitched a lot of innings and he's gotten better each of the last two seasons.  As terrible as Detroit is I can see why they would consider moving him but if I'm them I hold out for a team that gets desperate enough to meet their demands.  If he continues to be effective then they can just as easily move him next year or even the year after and still bring in a nice haul.    

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

^The point being, Robbie Ray and Mike Leake is like saying we're getting Andrew Heaney and Tyler Skaggs. I don't see them as being any better, just a bit more consistent. I'm hoping Eppler sets his sights a bit higher, if not now then at least this offseason.

I mean, I think that would be awesome if he's planning on going hard after Cole as well. That rotation would be pretty gnar.