• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Odd Celebrity Connections

8 minutes ago, meat said:

Do you mean Christian Hosoi?  .

if so...lol at Mexican.

TORS said original dogtown guys earlier in the thread which if that was accurate rules out Hosoi.

Related note the Rising Son documentary on Hosoi was pretty good.  I know at least when that was wrapped up he was a preacher I think at a church in Westminster while living in HB.  Kind of crazy the trajectory his life would have been on had he not gotten into drugs as he could have been up there with Hawk when skateboarding took off at the x games.

On 7/25/2019 at 12:40 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ran into tommy lasorda a lot growing up. My parents still live down the street from him. 

My grandparents lived down the street from him for decades. My grandfather used to always get mistaken for him going around the neighborhood because they were both Italian and people knew Tommy lived nearby. I actually went to the Orangethorpe school for Kindergarten before my parents bought their house in Anaheim.

23 hours ago, Lou said:

Among others, I've partied with Woody Harrelson, Michael J Fox (BP), Nicolas Cage (over several days at Mardi Gras. We were on the same flight. Dude never changed his clothes)

Met Wilt Chamberlain at a Gelson's. Met Tom Cruise, Kristie Allen (bitch) at a party.

Coolest chick ever - Natalie Merchant of 10,O00 Maniacs. Pretended not to know who she was. Sat down next to her and proceeded to ask her what she did for a living. She hesitantly said she was s singer. I said:" yeah, ok, but what do you do for work?"

Yep, once an Ahole . . . 

Haha, D'Lou'd Natalie Merchant 

I was an auto mechanic for a long time so I worked on a lot of celebrities cars, but there is one that stands out.My boss asked me to drive a customer home so I pulled the truck around and in climbs Donna Douglas (Elly May Clampett). I drive her home and when we get there she says please come in, I have something for you inside. I would think that she was in her early 40's at the time and I was about 25. We go into her house and in my 25 year old mind I'm thinking I'm about to be seduced by Elly May,so we go to the kitchen and she hands me a bag of avocados from her tree and a bible.Talk about misreading signs, the avocados were good and I still have the bible.She was just a very sweet person and she did not have a cement pond.

The second is when I was younger I raced dirt bikes in the desert. I was entered in the Barstow to Vegas race and lined up handlebar to handlebar with about a 1000 bikes. My buddy's bike starts running rough so he goes back to camp to fix it. It's about 15 minutes to the start time and this bike pulls up in his spot and asks if he can start there.This guy starts asking me questions about my bike and then he takes off his helmet and it's Steve McQueen. This was a couple of years after Bullitt, we talk for a while and he shakes my hand a says good luck, just seemed like a cool guy.

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

My grandparents lived down the street from him for decades. My grandfather used to always get mistaken for him going around the neighborhood because they were both Italian and people knew Tommy lived nearby. I actually went to the Orangethorpe school for Kindergarten before my parents bought their house in Anaheim.

He lives on Maxzim Ave, right?

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I was an auto mechanic for a long time so I worked on a lot of celebrities cars, but there is one that stands out.My boss asked me to drive a customer home so I pulled the truck around and in climbs Donna Douglas (Elly May Clampett). I drive her home and when we get there she says please come in, I have something for you inside. I would think that she was in her early 40's at the time and I was about 25. We go into her house and in my 25 year old mind I'm thinking I'm about to be seduced by Elly May,so we go to the kitchen and she hands me a bag of avocados from her tree and a bible.Talk about misreading signs, the avocados were good and I still have the bible.She was just a very sweet person and she did not have a cement pond.

that's awesome. I would have thought the same thing as you, roy, about being invited in.

12 hours ago, meat said:

Do you mean Christian Hosoi?  .

if so...lol at Mexican.

Negative, not Hosoi! (Didnt he die?) And hosoi was after the z boys?

CHOLO

He wasnt a bones brigade guy... only hardcore heads would know him (why i dont). He was a celeb among the big names there. Kept walking up to shake his hand while we were talking.

I just remember he did time for robbery, and i want to say his brother was killed.

Like i said, cool as hell. I was working, so "the bad guy", but we got along real well. Shot the shit for maybe an hour. Exchanged numbers, totally meant to call him.... but hes lost in 20 years of contacts on my phone.

FRACK! shaved head and a cholo stashe, lives in san diego now?!?!?! Still pool and ramp days.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

11 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

So at least once in your life, you went to the spires on orangethorpe?

8 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I was an auto mechanic for a long time so I worked on a lot of celebrities cars, but there is one that stands out.My boss asked me to drive a customer home so I pulled the truck around and in climbs Donna Douglas (Elly May Clampett). I drive her home and when we get there she says please come in, I have something for you inside. I would think that she was in her early 40's at the time and I was about 25. We go into her house and in my 25 year old mind I'm thinking I'm about to be seduced by Elly May,so we go to the kitchen and she hands me a bag of avocados from her tree and a bible.Talk about misreading signs, 

Hell yeah you misread the sign! She wanted to make something that rhymed with "guac"amole, but you went the gentleman route and forced her to call the pizza boy, whos always a dirt dog!

I watch too much cinemax.