• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Odd Celebrity Connections

On 8/3/2019 at 5:12 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Maybe not people you know, but - 

The man who I succeeded as editor of my high school newspaper, Bill Retherford, is an Emmy and Murrow Award winning writer and multimedia journalist living in New York.

Ryan Tredinnick, another classmate, is Vice President of Operations for the Game Show Network.

A former classmate at the University of Oklahoma, Glen Lewis, has been Mayor of Moore, OK for the past 22 years.

Mike McLarty, a band member at the University of Arkansas who I met while in college, became Press Secretary for President Bill Clinton.

Wow, talk about celebrities! 

Thank you for sharing

Jessica Alba went to junior high and high school same time as me but graduated two years early because of her career.  Don’t remember her but my cousin graduated there a year before me and says she was stuck up and full of herself.  Someone I graduated with was in a few indie bands and a comedy troupe called The Dickheads and even had an episode in United States of Tara.  He’s that guy in that Teleflora Super Bowl commercial with Faith Hill several years ago and a Taco Bell commercial from a year later.  Kevin Manwarren is his name.  He was in my freshman science class and econ an philosophy in our senior year.

Matt L Jones from Brightburn graduated from my high school a year later but I never knew him.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:12 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Maybe not people you know, but - 

The man who I succeeded as editor of my high school newspaper, Bill Retherford, is an Emmy and Murrow Award winning writer and multimedia journalist living in New York.

Ryan Tredinnick, another classmate, is Vice President of Operations for the Game Show Network.

A former classmate at the University of Oklahoma, Glen Lewis, has been Mayor of Moore, OK for the past 22 years.

Mike McLarty, a band member at the University of Arkansas who I met while in college, became Press Secretary for President Bill Clinton.

When they all remember you they ask, "does anyone know if he's still doing cavity searches at the prison?"

I was at brunch in Santa Barbara when my wife noticed Paul Walker sitting a couple booths down from us. He was with his daughter and a bunch of her friends. He got the staff and some of us to join in singing her happy birthday. The car crash happened only a couple weeks later.

Another time I was in the Spokane airport when a leathery dude with a camouflage cowboy hat named Ted Nugent sat down next to me. We made eye contact so I asked him “Excuse me is your name Ted?” He smiled and said “Everyday.”

He was cool as hell. Nobody else was there at the gate except one other guy who had no idea who Nugent was so I had him take a picture of us while me and the motor city mad man shot the shit for about 15 minutes. He had just played a show and was taking a short flight to Montana to do a little hunting. It was weird seeing him all by himself after he had just got done playing in front of thousands of people. 

Edited by Lhalo

I was in the Houston airport three years ago getting ready to fly home. some big jerk rolls his carry on bag over my foot. I looked up and was about to say "hey buddy!" when I realized it was Lou Ferrigno. I decided I didn't need the publicity of having to teach him a few manors.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I was in the Houston airport three years ago getting ready to fly home. some big jerk rolls his carry on bag over my foot. I looked up and was about to say "hey buddy!" when I realized it was Lou Ferrigno. I decided I didn't need the publicity of having to teach him a few manors.

You should have. In return he could have taught you how to spell

7 hours ago, Tank said:

He wouldn’t have heard you.