• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Odd Celebrity Connections

3 hours ago, Tank said:

was at a dodgers game when I was in jr. high. a whole bunch of us were in the mens' room, and this was back in the days when they had those wonderful troughs instead of urinals. guy in front of me in line hollers out "Hey, Mr. Mayor!" It was LA mayor Sam Yorty standing at the trough taking a leak.

Thought that story was going to be about how much you impressed the guy at the trough. Didn't know Yorty was there.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Damn, forgot the best one...

Years ago I was out shopping with my gf at the time. She's in the next aisle over when I hear her say out loud:" get the F*ck away from me, old man!"

I look around the aisle and it was Eric Estrada. 

The B listers are the best ones to run into.

Screech knew someone at my high school and showed up a few times. I remember him not getting viewed like a celebrity.

Corey feldman (i think, the one from goonies) came to my old restaurant once and acted like a clown. Thought he was still a big deal. Hasselhof was really nice, but... again, thought he was in germany, when he wasnt...

The cast of clerks came in a few times when they were filming nearby. They were cool. Vince vaughn and favreau came in once, and a few guys i knew got to party with them after. They were exactly how they are on screen.

David spade was kind of a dick, but im still a fan. De la hoya used to bring in juuuuuuuust turned 18 year old chicks once a month.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I did security for the Vans pool party a few times. Met Tony Hawk. Sat around BSing with Mike McGill and Steve Cabalerro. Cabalerro was cool as hell.

Another one of the original "dogtown" guys too, but cant remember his name. Did a lot of prison time, holy parole now. We exchanged numbers but cant remember who the hell he was to save my life. Really interesting story.

Jay Adams did prison time, he died a few years ago.....rough story.

Andy Roy just got out. He's making the podcast circuit and has some wild stories just out of prison.

My list is incredibly lame.

I played blackjack in caesars next to Colin Quinn, back when he was a somebody of MTV and SNL fame.

I met Matt Vasgerian when I played a game show called Fox Sports Geniuses.

I've taken a leak next to former LA Mayor Villaraigoso several times, he works (or does something) in our building.   We talked about the Rams while taking a leak last fall.  He said he stopped following them after they left for Anaheim.  

Back in the mid/late 80's, I worked as a waiter at Magnolia's Peach in Brea (now a BJ's Pizza).  We used to get Angels and Rams (they played at the Big A then) players in there all the time.  Also players from other teams.  Don't remember them all, but some that I waited on.

Mike Scioscia - waited on him and his family on Easter Sunday one year.  His wife seemed to be pissed off at the whole family.  Mike didn't say much, as a result.  They tipped well.

Gary Pettis - he'd bring his dates in there a lot.  (Always hot blondes).  Never tipped.  Ever!  No one ever wanted him in their section.

Bill Russell (the baseball player) - came in with his wife and family.  Very nice people.  Good tippers.

Tina Yothers - came in with her family one Easter Sunday.  The place turned into an absolute zoo.  All the kids in the place were running over to get autographs and pictures.  (People actually had cameras with them because families were dressed up for the holiday.)  It was a pain in the ass.  But, they tipped well.