• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USWNT Arrogance (World Cup)

Saw the end of the game. Some hilarious lines from the announcer:

" this team has lifted the country"

and,

" against all odds..."

and, 

" one of the greatest teams in sports history"

Also, I think the player fouled should be required to take the penalty kick. 

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I watched the beIN Sports broadcast and they not only called them heavy favorites but mentioned that the second 11 would probably be tournament favorites as well 

And yet, against all odds, they pulled out the victory.

I'm lifted 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

And yet, against all odds, they pulled out the victory.

I'm lifted 

Me too. I feel like I’m a better person this afternoon.

I think tomorrow I’ll likely walk with a renewed vigor I haven’t felt in years. USA!

Megan's from my neck of the woods, and we ran in some of the some same circles in high school (we're the same age).  She was never mean in any way, but she also hasn't changed.  She was fiery back then and she's fiery now.  I don't think it ever was arrogance.  It's confidence.  It's the same thing we see in guys like Trout.  Not arrogant, just hard working, passionate and confident. 

A lot of folks around here don't like her because of her stance on the flag and the president though.  I don't care so much.  Granted, it isn't what I'd do, but she's an American, representing America, and judging by the Golden Boot Trophy, she did a heck of a job doing it. 

Mom and dad were right... Two wrongs don't make a right.  This team did lots of things "wrong" in an effort to prove themselves "right" and they failed miserably, IMO.

I had zero interest in watching the World Cup.   Sports is often about the stories of the players and their story just didn't pique my interest.

Impressive performance by the US Women, clearly better than the other teams in the tournament and it showed. Overall the level of play, not just on the US side, has certainly increased which is great for the women's game. Lot of countries are throwing more money at women's football and it shows. 

18 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

If the US wants to throw more money into womens football, this is my choice.  Who doesn't like a woman who wants to play catch....in her underwear.

One of the teams used to play in Ontario. Those games were great. 

• 3 weeks later...