• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USWNT Arrogance (World Cup)

I agree with Tank.  You have the freedom this country affords you to preach whatever message you have.  I just want you to respect that ability by saluting the flag and being respectful during that moment.  Put your hand over your heart, salute, take your hat off, STFU.  There are plenty of other moments for you to preach your message.

2 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

I agree with Tank.  You have the freedom this country affords you to preach whatever message you have.  I just want you to respect that ability by saluting the flag and being respectful during that moment.  Put your hand over your heart, salute, take your hat off, STFU.  There are plenty of other moments for you to preach your message.

Oh, for f*cks sake... there's already a Kaepernick thread for the AW flag humpers.

This is about showboating.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, Tank said:

I don't care if someone does or doesn't sing the a

I don't have an issue with celebration within reason.  Probably need to temper it a bit when routing a clearly outclassed team and no need to specifically mock another nation.  Hopefully this reply is more on point and satisfying.

11 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Why doesn't she get to choose when she preaches her message? There's nothing more American than practicing your freedom of speech. It even comes before the one about guns in the Constitution.

I’m not some crazy Nationalist, but my belief is if you are playing for the National team you should probably stand for the National Anthem.  Especially if you are her because she is the face of that team and has the forum to make whatever statement she would like to make without having to do it during the Anthem.  

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Why doesn't she get to choose when she preaches her message? There's nothing more American than practicing your freedom of speech. It even comes before the one about guns in the Constitution.

That's cool.  Just tell me that's your plan and then I can bring the alternate on the team and sit your ass home.  Representing your country is kind of a big deal.  Act accordingly.

1 hour ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

That's cool.  Just tell me that's your plan and then I can bring the alternate on the team and sit your ass home.  Representing your country is kind of a big deal.  Act accordingly.

I didn't know you were the coach of the USWNT.

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

I soured on them after the Thailand game. The second half of that match should have been time killing. Instead they showed poor class and rubbed it in their faces. Not exactly a great image for the US in the eyes of he rest of the world. 

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/world-cup/news/after-halftime-german-players-agreed-not-to-humiliate-brazil/

On 7/3/2019 at 1:40 PM, nate said:

She didn't say that.

She said she didn't want to visit the white house.

There is no flag thing with her, probably should avoid Fox News, they tend to make shit up.

She's been taking a knee during anthem sine 2016, and has nothing to do with Trump or Fox news, it was done in support of Kaepernick, or rather injustice and inequality in America.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/rapinoe-kneels-for-anthem-again-ahead-of-u-s-national-team-game-003056979.html

Personally, I think she's a good player, and don't think she's a terrible person - but if you're going to represent your country on a national team, and take their money, then  perhaps don't go overseas and disrespect your country's national anthem or traditions - but honor everyone elses'.

6 hours ago, Lou said:

The problem people had were the excessive celebrations as they were running up the score and humiliating Thailand .

It was bullshit. 

Running up the score was (somewhat) defensible - I've heard many times among those in the soccer community that's it's more humiliating to take it easy on an opponent.

But the excessive celebrations in a slaughter were embarrassing and juvenile.  

And I was embarrassed by Alex Morgan's "tea-drinking" mockery after scoring against England, thought it lacked class - in what sport is mocking your opponent ok?  And we're surprised when England played so roughly in the 2nd half?

They're supposed to be the best in the world - ambassadors for the Women's game, and role models.  They should act like it.  

D-gOks7UYAAg-XT.jpg