• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where were you when the Angels won Game7 in '02

LBHalos17

At Northwood Pizza in Irvine for Game 6 with my little boy who was in tears. I had the talk with him..."Honey, we've had a great season...most baseball fans don't get this close..." And then.....

Game 7 Watched at JT Schmidt's because I wanted to be as close to the stadium as possible. 

My GF at the time looked at me softly and asked if I was going to be OK. 

I assured her that the game was far from over,  they had come back all season long.. and they were going to come back again.

We had a room at the Doubletree for that night, and tickets for game 7.

Broke the bank that post season, but it was before 08 and the economy was much more rosy. Don't ever regret spending a penny of it.

Game six:  downtown LA.  Had flown in from milwaukee for my buddy's wedding.  We were at the reception in a hotel when we heard they were down.  It was during dinner dinner and the groom (my friend) was so drunk that he grabbed the microphone and slurred something about wanting everyone to sing happy birthday to his wife even though we literally finished doing so thirty seconds prior. 

At that point the best man took the mic and chucked it into a planter.  He walked the groom back to his chair, looked up at me and a few of my other friends and gave us the thumbs up.  I looked over at my Dad who was already looking at me and getting out of his chair.  About twenty of us went to the top floor lounge to watch, and by the time that percival sealed the deal, the entire wedding reception was up there watching.  We were going berserk. 

Went back down to the reception to find my friend slumped over almost passed out in the corner with his new wife standing over him shouting 'you ruined my wedding!!!!'.  They were getting divorced three months later. 

Game 7:  My dad had two tickets and one of them was mine.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a later flight back to Milwaukee and I had to be on call early the next day so he took my Mom.  I was so mad I almost cried.  To this day I can't forgive myself. 

I was on the airplane while the game was going on and they piped in the live feed to the headphone system.  In the eighth inning, the feed died and they couldn't get it back.  I was pacing the center aisle along with about 10 other people.  A little while later (which seemed like an eternity), the captain came on the pa and made the announcemnt.  "The Angels have just won the world series!"

The whole plane erupted.  People were running up and down the aisles high fiving.  I actually got choked up.  My wife, who is not a sports person and is from chicago looked at me like I was nuts but I just sat there with a huge ear to ear grin and drank about five beers the rest of the way home.   I was pretty hung over at 5am for work the next day. 

2dt16s4.jpg

My ticket pack for the post season.  I went to every post season game.  I had a mini plan, had one since 1999 I think, so I got dibs for postseason games and jumped at them.  My 2nd favorite moment was owning the Yankees, followed closely by of course winning in game 7.  In game 6 I thought we were so done, I tossed my thunderstix over the railing and had given up before Spiez had hit the homerun.

That pic of the scoreboard was my favorite game, maybe of all time. That game was the game that made me feel like we could win it.

Too true!  I was at a wedding rehearsal dinner for that one (where we came back from 5-0, right?), and I kept sneaking-off to the bar to watch.

These are great stories!  It's cool how everybody lumps Game6 with 7!  Arch, I'm glad they set you guys up over there in the sandbox!  (love ur name too; I've seen your grave on dvd many times!)

For Game6, I was playing the Championship game of a softball tournament.  Somebody figured out how to run the radio feed through the parks speakers, so we were getting depressed listening to it... As we won the tourney, we were all talking about, "Well, at least we finally got to the Series."  We took our Championship pix, and headed to the parking lot to watch the end of the game at one of our teammates' RV's.  He had a small tv, and we all sat/stood around watching as the Halos came back to win!

I was in 8th grade and was grounded for lying about having homework. My dad, being the awesome guy he was, told me to take a break from washing dishes to watch the last 3 outs since I hadn't seen any of the playoff games at all. I had taken 2 steps towards the living room before my mother yelled at me to get back in the kitchen.  :angry:  :(  So that's where I was... doing dishes, grounded,

Funny you mention lumping them LB. I actually don't really remember game 6 (I know, I know) and remember trying hard to watch all the games because I was enlisting in the Navy at the time and actually watched games 2 and 3 or 4, at the motel where they housed us before heading to MEPS. I remember feeling lucky because they roomed us in twos and both dudes were cool letting me watch the games on the single tv.

Game six:  downtown LA.  Had flown in from milwaukee for my buddy's wedding.  We were at the reception in a hotel when we heard they were down.  It was during dinner dinner and the groom (my friend) was so drunk that he grabbed the microphone and slurred something about wanting everyone to sing happy birthday to his wife even though we literally finished doing so thirty seconds prior. 

At that point the best man took the mic and chucked it into a planter.  He walked the groom back to his chair, looked up at me and a few of my other friends and gave us the thumbs up.  I looked over at my Dad who was already looking at me and getting out of his chair.  About twenty of us went to the top floor lounge to watch, and by the time that percival sealed the deal, the entire wedding reception was up there watching.  We were going berserk. 

Went back down to the reception to find my friend slumped over almost passed out in the corner with his new wife standing over him shouting 'you ruined my wedding!!!!'.  They were getting divorced three months later. 

Game 7:  My dad had two tickets and one of them was mine.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a later flight back to Milwaukee and I had to be on call early the next day so he took my Mom.  I was so mad I almost cried.  To this day I can't forgive myself. 

I was on the airplane while the game was going on and they piped in the live feed to the headphone system.  In the eighth inning, the feed died and they couldn't get it back.  I was pacing the center aisle along with about 10 other people.  A little while later (which seemed like an eternity), the captain came on the pa and made the announcemnt.  "The Angels have just won the world series!"

The whole plane erupted.  People were running up and down the aisles high fiving.  I actually got choked up.  My wife, who is not a sports person and is from chicago looked at me like I was nuts but I just sat there with a huge ear to ear grin and drank about five beers the rest of the way home.   I was pretty hung over at 5am for work the next day. 

Both kick ass stories, Doc.

Reminds me of last spring when my girlfriend and I went to Portland during the Stanley Cup Finals. We decided to spend a little more and fly Virgin and out of LAX. We got to watch game four on the way there on the tv's, but the real prize was flying home during game 6. It was kind of awesome seeing just about every tv in the plane on the game and every time the Kings scored everyone in the plane jumped up or cheered sharing high fives. We landed before the game ended and listened to it on the radio heading home and when we walked in and turned on the tv we got to see the countdown from 10 seconds.