• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where were you when the Angels won Game7 in '02

LBHalos17

Had tons of people over my house, a World Series rager it was. We were all watching on recently purchased 60 inch Phillips big screen TV with surround sound. I had opened the windows, blasted the volume, so that the entire neighborhood could hear us and the game (lived in Mission Viejo at the time). 

When Erstad made the final out, I had a joy run through me that I've till this day have never experienced. I picked up a good friend of mine's kid who was 16 and pretty big and I spun him around like a baton. The adrenaline was off the charts. I was so happy, yet shedding tears of joy at the same time. Buried in the ground was '79, '82, '86 and the dreaded '95 season. 

I stood with my wife in the same season seats we still share.  (Only missed one playoff game that year.)  With tears in my eyes, I watched Tim Salmon with the WS trophy hoisted above his head, jog around the stadium.  I was numb and couldn't speak.  An unforgettable moment. 

Front row behind 3rd base.

Chuck: "When Erstad made the final out, I had a joy run through me that I've till this day have never experienced."

Same here, which is why i don't go apesh*t when lose a game or we don't win the WS. Spent too many years just praying we'd play in a World Series, much less win one. Mission Accomplished.

Doc: " My wife, who is not a sports person and is from chicago looked at me like I was nuts"

Was she reading a magazine?

Jealous of the people that were actually at the stadium.

Being 17 at the time, there was no way I could afford tickets to the games. Tried to get my pops to do it so we could both go, but he can be a little stubborn when prices start multiplying. One of those things I'll always look back on and never understand. I'm the type of person where the money doesn't matter, the experience is more important than anything.

Instead I was at a buddies house a couple miles from the stadium. We could hear the thundersticks from the stadium echoing to his house. It really was one of those amazing nights.

Crazy crazy moment I'll never forget. It's so rare for the teams I love to go all the way and it finally happened!

Watching at home, two of my LB buds were at the game.

After the game, I walked to the Orange Circle and watched cars go around and around it and honking for at least 10 minutes.

My daughter and I watched the celebration fireworks from a step ladder in the backyard. 

Only 49,962 posts to go to reach 50,000.   :)