• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels? Disingenuous team name is as laughable as ever

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I know they play in Jersey. I was just pointing out that The Bronx and Queens weren't part of a good argument.

I bet people in both New Jersey and New York have been outraged for decades.

I really hate this bull shit argument. Los Angeles is the 2nd largest city in the USA, and OC, especially North OC, is very much part of the metro area. If they played in Commerce or Santa Fe Springs or Pasadena or Long Beach, no one would have ever worried about this, and if Disney hadn't changed their name to "Anaheim" they'd have still been the California Angels.

When Autry moved from Chavez to Anaheim in 1966, there wasn't a lot between Downtown LA and Disneyland.

That is not the case today.

Do you drive the 5 South from LA and see a clear dividing line between "LA" and OC other than that the road gets nicer after all the construction?

If they move to Long Beach, I hope this shit argument stops.

49 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Was that Hughes in Fullerton where the Home Depot/Sams Club building is?

Off of Gilbert and Malvern. They owned most of the property from that corner all the way over to Bastanchury road and up to both sides of Parks Rd and Pioneer Ave. Sunny Hills High carved out a niche on the hillside and we would walk through Hughes field to get home.

That was our camp grounds in the summer in an unofficial kids zone where tree forts were built and rock fights broke out. Now it's a housing track. 

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Growing up, travelling around the country with my parents...  People would ask me where I was from and I'd say Anaheim...  they'd look at me funny, so I'd say -- You know where Disneyland is?  And 9 out of 10 times their response would be -- Oh so Los Angeles...   

This. 

The only people who see a difference are the locals. 

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

FYI The Bronx and Queens are boroughs of the City of New York. Anaheim is a different city in a different county. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Meh. NYC is more of a county than a city. Angel stadium to downtown is no further than manhatten to long island, the upper bronx/queens area. 

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

I really hate this bull shit argument. Los Angeles is the 2nd largest city in the USA, and OC, especially North OC, is very much part of the metro area. If they played in Commerce or Santa Fe Springs or Pasadena or Long Beach, no one would have ever worried about this, and if Disney hadn't changed their name to "Anaheim" they'd have still been the California Angels.

When Autry moved from Chavez to Anaheim in 1966, there wasn't a lot between Downtown LA and Disneyland.

That is not the case today.

Do you drive the 5 South from LA and see a clear dividing line between "LA" and OC other than that the road gets nicer after all the construction?

If they move to Long Beach, I hope this shit argument stops.

Lol in the article this dipshit is arguing that if they go to Long Beach they have to be the Long Beach Angels.  

Theres no substance to any of this.  It’s just asshole doyer fan being asshole doyer fan.