• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels? Disingenuous team name is as laughable as ever

12 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Dafuq is your point?

Well if people genuinely feel "alienated" then I guess, @Lou said it best...  

1 hour ago, Lou said:

OC people are such pussies.

Or if you'd rather... to quote you...

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Everyone who disagrees with me can suck it.

Playful BS aside... I grew up in Anaheim, moved to Anaheim Hills just before starting HS but used my Grandparents address to still attend HS in "lowly" Anaheim instead of at Canyon HS.   I loved the Anaheim uniforms and enjoyed seeing the city I grew up in get some national play beyond the references to Anaheim Stadium but I never gave one shit about them switching the name to Los Angeles because I always dug the whole PCL connection.   I actually don't have a problem with those still bent about it either --  I just hold a different opinion.

But, having been a fan of the Angels and not California or Anaheim, I'd have been super pissed off if they had changed the name to the Superbas or the Crush, or the Surf or some other horseshit name,...

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ah -- the locals... most of which don't live/didn't grow up in the city and refer to Anaheim as "Anaslime" or who will be quick to differentiate they live in Anaheim Hills, not Anaheim....

How does one have time to speak to 360,000 people about this and keep a record of it?

28 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I think he's trying to say that everyone (all 5 people he knows) who lives in Anaheim is ashamed of it and therefore the city is an embarrassment to the entire nation and not worthy of a name in professional sports.

Nah, and you really shouldn't speak for others when you can barely manage to speak for yourself.  Seriously, you're a dolt.

I'm saying if you grew up in Anaheim you heard south county dipshits and pretty much everyone else call it Anaslime and talk shit about it..  Just like Garbage Grove...   To pretend that wasn't the reality is to not have grown up there, at least thats how it was in the 80s.   Anaheim was too brown for most of the rest of OC -- Santa Ana had it worse..   Anyone remember people who instead of saying they lived in Santa Ana said they lived in Lemon Heights?   That was the SA version of Anaheim Hills.

Edited by Inside Pitch

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Well if people genuinely feel "alienated" then I guess, @Lou said it best...  

Or if you'd rather... to quote you...

Playful BS aside... I grew up in Anaheim, moved to Anaheim Hills just before starting HS but used my Grandparents address to still attend HS in "lowly" Anaheim instead of at Canyon HS.   I loved the Anaheim uniforms and enjoyed seeing the city I grew up in get some national play beyond the references to Anaheim Stadium but I never gave one shit about them switching the name to Los Angeles because I always dug the whole PCL connection.   I actually don't have a problem with those still bent about it either --  I just hold a different opinion.

But, having been a fan of the Angels and not California or Anaheim, I'd have been super pissed off if they had changed the name to the Superbas or the Crush, or the Surf or some other horseshit name,...

I can respect that. I just find it ridiculous, that's all. If I were king they would be the CA Angels which is what I grew up with. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Oh and suck it.

Just now, Lhalo said:

I can respect that. I just find it ridiculous, that's all. If I were king they would be the CA Angels which is what I grew up with. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Oh and suck it.

No man, I get it.  Some of my best friends still get all pissy when they allow themselves to think about it so you're not alone.  I totally understand why people didn't like it then, or now.   I think many have gotten used to it so long as they don't allow themselves to think about it.   If you were king and switched it back to CA, I'd be cool with it.   I liked there being some differentiation between us and the team that actually plays in LA County.

To your last point --  "you first!"

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

All interconnected. Kind of LA and the Greater LA area.

;)

Yeah -- I remember when I was first old enough to drive on my own and make my way around OC those three seemed to blend into each other.   Lots of foreign script signage.

OC residents were hilariously provincial and critical of their bordering cities.  It's likely the same everywhere but I always found it funny how much smack people would throw at each other in OC.  Most of the cities surrounding Miami all tend to recognize the same cities as total crap but you don't see anywhere near the same amount of smack.  Out here they tend to lump cities into area -- like, the SW, NW... etc etc and mostly refer to counties.   Its all America's armpit BTW.

But the nature of OC residents to belittle the surrounding cities and Anaheim in particular always makes the Angels name change "controversy" harder for me to swallow...   

My son lived on the Westminster/Hunting Beach border on Brookhurst. He was loving the Asian markets for cheap rice in care package sizes. Tucked in with all of those is an Italian restaurant that is still trying to carve out a living between all of the Banh Mi sandwhich shops and  Pho.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

My son lived on the Westminster/Hunting Beach border on Brookhurst. He was loving the Asian markets for cheap rice in care package sizes. Tucked in with all of those is an Italian restaurant that is still trying to carve out a living between all of the Banh Mi sandwhich shops and  Pho.

Brookhurst in Anaheim, home to Little Saudi -- you could get fresh pita bread at ridiculously low prices..  like ten packages for $2 and unlike the stuff at the supermarket it wasnt stale and hard a day later.

You'd see them unload truckloads of them and watch the pallets pile up as they flew out the door.  Tons of hole in the wall middle eastern places with great food.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

But the nature of OC residents to belittle the surrounding cities and Anaheim in particular always makes the Angels name change "controversy" harder for me to swallow...   

The funny part is Anaheim used to be almost the cradle of Aerospace back in the 60's. Rockwell and others all bought up block after block to put in their research centers. Hughes was in Fullerton but everyone else was located by now where there is a Fry's off LaPalma. My father had moved us to the Southwest Anaheim area off of Western. Then Dad moved us to Fullerton where all of the Aerospace engineers moved to when the housing track went up in Sunny Hills back in 1965. The entire Orange County is unrecognizeble from that era where there were still Orange Groves everywhere.

Day games, Katella, Andrelton
Automatics rang free, crackers lost they way
Gang signs being showed, honky love your hood
But recognize and it's all good, where the weed at?
Crackers getting shermed out
Mike Trout in this motherfucker perved out 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

The funny part is Anaheim used to be almost the cradle of Aerospace back in the 60's. Rockwell and others all bought up block after block to put in their research centers. Hughes was in Fullerton but everyone else was located by now where there is a Fry's off LaPalma. My father had moved us to the Southwest Anaheim area off of Western. Then Dad moved us to Fullerton where all of the Aerospace engineers moved to when the housing track went up in Sunny Hills back in 1965. The entire Orange County is unrecognizeble from that era where there were still Orange Groves everywhere.

My Dad taught me to drive in the orange groves near the stadium...   I remember all the huge aerospace buildings growing up and saw so many of those groves get plowed over.

Was that Hughes in Fullerton where the Home Depot/Sams Club building is?   That building (behind the stores) is amazing.  HD used it as a DC and there is a part of the building where there is a crane that runs along the roof across the entire place.   It was clearly used to build aircraft of some sort.   

Edited by Inside Pitch

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Day games, Katella, Andrelton
Automatics rang free, crackers lost they way
Gang signs being showed, honky love your hood
But recognize and it's all good, where the weed at?
Crackers getting shermed out
Mike Trout in this motherfucker perved out 

Lou is getting all artsy on us.   

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

FYI The Bronx and Queens are boroughs of the City of New York. Anaheim is a different city in a different county. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Which NYC borough do the New York Jets and New York Giants play in?