• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

REN HEEEEEEEEEEE FO

Chuck

1 hour ago, Swiss Angel Fan said:

Isn't he an Eppler acquisition?

Yes, Eppler traded CJ Cron for him.  We could have used them both.  Although this year, CJ's numbers = Pujols' numbers, but he gets paid about $24M less to play for the Twins.

3 hours ago, Cooper12 said:

This kid looks awesome!  Playing a solid second base, seeing pitches and putting up great at bats.  My only fear is when Coshart comes back.  If Rengifo is putting up solid numbers, anyone think they send him down?

Of course he is being sent down!  Fletcher has been our 2nd best player.  La Stella leads the team in Home Runs.  Rengifo has options and Cowshit has the big contract 

Cozart comes back Rengifo returns to Salt Lake. He is only up for a look to see if he can play at this level. Cozart gets time to see if he can produce any trade value. If he can't then they will probably release him in September.

Bourjos is on the chopping block when Upton comes back. Goodwin, although not a great fielder, has locked down the 4th outfielder spot with his bat. 

In September Adell will get his debut if there are no injuries to the outfield after Upton returns. He will take over in right field when Calhoun's contract expires.

Next year the next crop of 4th outfielders and infield depth will come from the farm, no more 1 year contracts.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

I predict Cozart will get a few more opportunities at the expense of another player who is better.  I predict that when Cozart returns, David Fletcher becomes an outfielder and Bourjos is DFA'd.

I was thinking that move was well.  Boujos (as much as I liked him 8 years ago) looks like a six year old first time swinging a bat 

The youth movement has begun much sooner than i expected, a very interesting development.  
I dont think these kids are being called up as part timers to shuttle between Ana and SLC so im guessing some vets are soon to be shown the door.
The first will likely be Cozart, who could blame them if they have given up on him at this point hes done literally nothing since the signing in multiple chances and cant manage to stay on the field.  If Rengifo performs even to replacement level, i suspect Cozart may be done in Ana. 
I dont think we have any OF pressing the majors right now so the rest might be safe a little longer.   Jarret Parker maybe i could see but the rest appear to need more time on the farm.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

I predict Cozart will get a few more opportunities at the expense of another player who is better.  I predict that when Cozart returns, David Fletcher becomes an outfielder and Bourjos is DFA'd.

Which is perfectly reasonable and the most likely scenario.