• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels in on Moose

19HALO71

I guess I don't have the discipline to not comment on a "RH heavy lineup."

To this day I don't see how that is actually a problem.  If you are a right handed hitter and you can't hit right handed pitching then you are probably not a major leaguer.

Right handed hitters in the majors typically can hit right handed pitching, otherwise they are probably not in the majors.

If your starting lineup is all right handed and they are decent players, the fact that they are all right handed is not a problem to solve.

If you are a lineup that is too heavily left-handed then maybe you have a problem to solve especially if your lefties are vulnerable to left handed pitching (as many are).

I just don't buy into a major league lineup being too right handed.

Even the "balance" argument makes sense to help solve a lineup that is too lefty.  A switch back and forth makes it tough for an opposing manager to want to burn a lefty and then have to come out of the game when the righty comes up.

If your lineup is all righty, it takes all their left handed relievers out of the game, leaving you with righty versus righty, and again if you are a right handed hitter that can't hit right handed pitching you are not going to be in that lineup at all or even on a roster.

So what am I missing?

Edited by Dtwncbad

13 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Lol dude stick to flipping burgers. Why is a 2-3 year deal a overpay? 

Ok, stick to being as asshole.  As far as why is 2-3 years being an overpay, ask the entire free agent market.  Ask the Royals last year.  Ask every club why they haven’t signed him to a 2-3 year deal already.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok, stick to being as asshole.  As far as why is 2-3 years being an overpay, ask the entire free agent market.  Ask the Royals last year.  Ask every club why they haven’t signed him to a 2-3 year deal already.  

Why don’t you just tell me and save me the time from asking

42 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

because teams don't think he's good enough to warrant a 2-3 year deal at the money he was looking for.  

Those are 2 completely different arguments though... is he not good enough or not worth it ?  
Frankly i think putting up a 2.5 WAR in a playoff run for 6.5 M isnt out of line in either case. 

47 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Angels were on him big time last year.  Cozart was signed to play 2b and only moved when Kinsler was available.  It wouldn't be a shocker to get moose.  Pretty much guaranteed 30 bombs at 3b 

He's hit 30 HR once in his 8 year career. He's only hit 25 HRs twice. I hope the other guarantees in your life are more reliable.