• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels in on Moose

19HALO71

23 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t think the Angels are going to sign Moose, but I wouldn’t rule it out. 

The funny thing is, waaaaaay more people are reading my story about something that’s probably not going to happen than the one about Griffin Canning.

Do you think they should sign Moustakas?

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Moustakas would be the difference between playoff spot and no playoffs in my opinion. We're a RH heavy lineup and with Cozart slated for 3B we have a gaping hole over there. This would force Cozart over to 2B where he profiles better defensively, and in essence would force him into a situation where he needs to outperform Fletcher and Rengifo, and that's just not going to happen. Cozart would still start, but he'd be injured or replaced by June.

This move would deepen and balance out the lineup, and also provide insurance for the Bour/Pujols timeshare that's destined for failure.

I don’t envision Trout signing a extension this off season. I think making the playoffs this season would be a big boost to the team and Trout signing a multi year extension. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

He got a one year deal last year at 29, returning to the team he had played his entire career with.  Why overpay, If you can get him for one year, why not assume less risk?  Then again, he is a bottom feeder based on his contract last year.  

one year with a team option for a second season

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Moose came to the Angels about a deal, rather than the Angels checking in.

He’s gotta be sick of this after last offseason and might be at a point where he just wants to play here just to sign and get to camp and is ready to give up waiting on a bigger contract or Manny to sign to do so. And if Eppler and Arte have Moose coming to them willing to basically take a deal similar to last year, it’s pretty hard for them not to consider it. 

40 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I don’t envision Trout signing a extension this off season. I think making the playoffs this season would be a big boost to the team and Trout signing a multi year extension. 

I am sure making the playoffs with 5 guys on 1yr deals is the reason he'd want to stay for another 8 years.  after next year.  makes sense.

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

So not making the playoffs won’t matter to Trout ... makes sense. 

nice logic.  

making the playoffs matters to him.  of course

doing so in 2019 won't convince him to stay here for 8 years starting in 2021.  

not doing so won't keep him from staying here for 8 years starting in 2021.   

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Well another 500 season damn sure wont.  At least it shows effort and actually giving a damn to try. 

sure it could.  If Ward, Fletcher, Rengifo, Canning, Suarez, Adell or some combo thereof show promise.  

Any effort to be made has already been done.  It's up to the players now.  

31 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Do you actually have a point ... do you even know anything about the team option?

Yes it was $15 million.  So the Royals could have had him for about two years $11 million a year, and chose not to.  It was basically Scott Boras trying to save face.  I’m pretty sure he’s not getting three years and $30 million.  Like I said I’d be ok with a one or two year deal.  But if you can get him with guaranteeing a 2nd year even better. 

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

sure it could.  If Ward, Fletcher, Rengifo, Canning, Suarez, Adell or some combo thereof show promise.  

Any effort to be made has already been done.  It's up to the players now.  

I am on record saying he will extend. He would be much more inclined to extend if guys like Ward and Fletcher performed this year how we would expect Moustakas on a one or two year deal.  

4 hours ago, Throwman91 said:

Eppler said we're done, I have no reason to not believe him.  Pretty sure we avoid Boars like the plague anyways and rightfully so!  

If he has stopped looking for opportunity to improve the team, he should be fired immediately.

He probably doesn't expect to do much more, but never say never.  The Angels have kept things quiet for a long time.

Examples from long ago off the top of my head.... Edmonds wasn't gonna be traded... and the Disney deal was dead.  

I don't think this is gonna happen, nor do I think it is a good idea beyond a one year deal.  He'd help the team... I'd bet on him to be more productive than Cozart at 3B this year.... and Bour... and Pujols.   But you already invested in those guys.   And are stuck with two of em for a bit.  Even for one year, they are likely better off ... if the budget is tight...  spending elsewhere and hoping Cozart bounces back.

17 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I have no idea what the cost is so I can’t answer that. 

@Jeff Fletcher....One year deal, maybe a little more than he made last year, plus a team friendly (or reasonably friendly) option....Would you do that?