• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels in on Moose

19HALO71

8 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

At least he’s on a team with a good chance of making the playoffs. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=Standings   At least Pecota likes them more.

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

The Angels giving out a bad contract to Cozart doesn't have anything to do with whether Moustakas is worth more than he's been paid so far.  

Of course it doesn't but the Claude-steins gotta infuse their anti-fan narrative into every possible conversation, you know, to irk the cheerleaders.

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Mike Moustakas was hoping to return to the Brewers, and the third baseman reportedly turned down a multi-year offer from another team, MLB Network’s Jon Heyman tweets

And last year after he turned down the Qualifying offer only to end up taking a 6.5 mil deal with the Royals he claimed he ended up exactly where he wanted to go...     Apparently he just wanted to make 11 million dollars less.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

And last year after he turned down the Qualifying offer only to end up taking a 6.5 mil deal with the Royals he claimed he ended up exactly where he wanted to go...     Apparently he just wanted to make 11 million dollars less.

He's fighting his personal greed demon.

27 minutes ago, IEAngelsfan said:

He's fighting his personal greed demon.

Meanwhile Khris Davis is becoming public enemy number 1 to the MLBPA while cementing his status as a cult hero in Oakland...   Dude was quoted as saying this  

I don’t want to break the bank.  I want to be happy playing baseball.  I’m not trying to max out the dollars,” Davis said.  “$16 million, this is the top for me. I don’t want more than that. I’ll probably have to take a cut, and that’s fine, as long as I’m here.”

Davis is talking about taking a deal for as low as 10 mil per if they were to extend it through 2021.   Not sure the A's would go there given how FA has gone for players but, it's interesting to see a guy essentially accept the market has changed and publicly saying he just wants to be happy.

Edited by Inside Pitch

14 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Regarding Moose and the Angels last year....

Neither Boras nor the Angels want it out if the Angels made a 3/45 offer. For Boras it looks bad that they rejected it and for the Angels it basically tells Zack Cozart he was their second choice. 

Also, it’s very possible to make an offer without making a formal offer. They could have discussed a deal in that range and been told it wasn’t enough and never gotten to the point of making a formal offer. That way both sides can then deny an “offer” was made. 

I don’t know what exactly happened, but my suspicion is the Angels were interested in Moose at 3/45ish but were told that’s not enough so they moved on. 

@Jeff Fletcher  Jeff: Would Eppler have signed both Moose and Cozart?  Cozart was going to play 2b and then, before he signed, Eppler had the Kinsler trade in the works....Cozart then agreed to play 3b....If Cozart was originally signing as a 2bman, what would the plan have been at 3b?  Would Eppler have signed Moose and Cozart for 3b and 2b to similar 3 year deals?

22 minutes ago, DMVol said:

@Jeff Fletcher  Jeff: Would Eppler have signed both Moose and Cozart?  Cozart was going to play 2b and then, before he signed, Eppler had the Kinsler trade in the works....Cozart then agreed to play 3b....If Cozart was originally signing as a 2bman, what would the plan have been at 3b?  Would Eppler have signed Moose and Cozart for 3b and 2b to similar 3 year deals?

I'm not Fletcher, but I think he kind of answered your question in the post you quoted: No, Moustakas was their first choice, Cozart second. It would have been Moustakas-Kinsler.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Meanwhile Khris Davis is becoming public enemy number 1 to the MLBPA while cementing his status as a cult hero in Oakland...   Dude was quoted as saying this  

I don’t want to break the bank.  I want to be happy playing baseball.  I’m not trying to max out the dollars,” Davis said.  “$16 million, this is the top for me. I don’t want more than that. I’ll probably have to take a cut, and that’s fine, as long as I’m here.”

Davis is talking about taking a deal for as low as 10 mil per if they were to extend it through 2021.   Not sure the A's would go there given how FA has gone for players but, it's interesting to see a guy essentially accept the market has changed and publicly saying he just wants to be happy.

Wow. Good for him. Sounds like Weaver

43 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm not Fletcher, but I think he kind of answered your question in the post you quoted: No, Moustakas was their first choice, Cozart second. It would have been Moustakas-Kinsler.

I think they'd have signed Cozart and Moose. Over Moose and Kinsler. They were trying to upgrade 2nd and 3rd.

Think about where they were in December of 2017. The primary third basemen from the year before were Escobar and Valbuena, and at second, they had who? Espinosa had been a bust, and Phillips, Cowart, and Pennnington not much better.

Only two of those guys were back in 2018, and both of them are now gone. (RIP Luis).

But the team was looking for an upgrade at both positions, and in the minors, only Fletcher was nearly ready, and not knocking at the door offensively. Ward was still a catcher, Rengifo was a Tampa Bay Ray. So, it makes sense that they'd be looking for outside answers.

Kinsler trade was proposed to them I believe it has been written, while the Angels were flying Cozart out for a physical. They have also said to have asked Cozart if he was willing to play 3rd, because if not, they were going to not go through with the Kinsler deal, which leads me to believe they were thinking Cozart-Moose.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

14 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I think they'd have signed Cozart and Moose. Over Moose and Kinsler. They were trying to upgrade 2nd and 3rd.

Think about where they were in December of 2017. The primary third basemen from the year before were Escobar and Valbuena, and at second, they had who? Espinosa had been a bust, and Phillips, Cowart, and Pennnington not much better.

Only two of those guys were back in 2018, and both of them are now gone. (RIP Luis).

But the team was looking for an upgrade at both positions, and in the minors, only Fletcher was nearly ready, and not knocking at the door offensively. Ward was still a catcher, Rengifo was a Tampa Bay Ray. So, it makes sense that they'd be looking for outside answers.

Kinsler trade was proposed to them I believe it has been written, while the Angels were flying Cozart out for a physical. They have also said to have asked Cozart if he was willing to play 3rd, because if not, they were going to not go through with the Kinsler deal, which leads me to believe they were thinking Cozart-Moose.

Junky:  I agree with Hubs....If Cozart agreed to his deal as a 2bman (which we know to be true) then what was the plan for 3b before the Kinsler trade came up?  I guess that is why I tend to think Eppler would have signed both if Boras hadn't botched things for Moose....But, obviously, I don't know....pure speculation....

5 hours ago, DMVol said:

I don’t know