• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your Favorite NL Team(s)

Lou

Growing up I would have said the Braves or Cubs, now I don’t really follow any NL teams.  I do like under dogs so I have always liked the Padres.  I always root for the team playing the Dodgers.  To me rooting for an NL team is like watching NFL when you are heavily into Fantasy Football.  You basically are rooting for players and not really teams.  So when Harper and Strausburg came up that was really fun to watch.  Or watching what the Brewers did this past season was fun.  For me sometimes not having a vested interest in the outcome can make it more enjoyable.  That only happens if the product is good.  If the Mets starters could all be healthy at the same time they would be a fun team to watch and a decent team to put money on.  

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Name them. Is there a reason why?

Giants -- lived there -- common enemy in Dodger fans.
Cubs -- WGN day games growing up as a kid during summer.

I really used to like the Expos when I was a kid..  They had some really fun players to watch.  Andre Dawson, Gary Carter and Rock Raines, Steve Rogers, Scott Sanderson, Tim Wallach and Jeff Reardon...   They were just super hard to ever see play.

Rockies--I live 20 miles south of Coors Field. I can take the train to within 5 blocks.

Padres--Used to go down to the Murph back in the day, especially when I lived in the IE. Have been to Petco once, and it's probably my favorite park (haven't been to AT&T yet).

16 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Giants -- lived there -- common enemy in Dodger fans.
Cubs -- WGN day games growing up as a kid during summer.

I really used to like the Expos when I was a kid..  They had some really fun players to watch.  Andre Dawson, Gary Carter and Rock Raines, Steve Rogers, Scott Sanderson, Tim Wallach and Jeff Reardon...   They were just super hard to ever see play.

Ellis Valentine says hello

Growing up in the OC When i was about 10, i realized that pitchers giving zero cares about hitting was not a benefit to the game in any way, and quickly moved away from a family of Dodger fans to the Halos.
Since that time ive never really been a fan of any NL team as i simply find it boring baseball with that black hole at the end of the lineup.
However, my daughter moved up to to the bay area  a couple years back and weve been going to Giants games  pretty regular across the ferry from Alameda and ive become as close as you can get i suppose.  Yes i know thats literally like 5 mins from the As ball park but no, just no.  i cannot and will not support the franchise that has in my view done so much damage to the game of baseball in the form of moneyball, plus, Halos.. so yeah. . 

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Mine (in order): 

1. Giants - lived there. love the city/ballpark. F*ck the Dodgers 

2. Padres - see above 

3. Brewers - have just always liked watching them play (in relation to other NL teams) 

Yep.  Giants are mine too for these exact reasons.  I was living up there during the 2010-2014 run they had.  Fun team to watch as they were never really the best team on paper, but always found ways to win.  

48 minutes ago, red321 said:

Reds...because I already have the right colored t-shirts

Man I used to love following the Big Red Machine made up of Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan and Tony Pérez, Dave Concepción, George Foster, César Gerónimo and Ken Griffey, Sr..

Tom Seaver was a stud on the mound too. 

I did love the Pirates of old too. Stargell and Parker were some of my older favorite power hitters. 

Braves. Grew up in the south, and this was the first team to arrive, to become "ours". Watched them for years on TBS, even when they were awful. 

Cardinals. My father's favorite team, for years the closest thing that we had to a home team in the south. Gave me my first exposure to the World Series in 1964. The first MLB player's autograph that I got in person was Stan Musial in 1963.

Mets. Jacksonville was their AAA farm club in the late 1960s. Saw many great players, including Tom Seaver and Nolan Ryan, play for the local club. Others were Bud Harrelson, Amos Otis, Jerry Koosman, Gary Gentry and Tug McGraw. Guys who played for us formed the core of the 1969 "Miracle Mets".