• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your Favorite NL Team(s)

Lou

22 hours ago, Lou said:

I've always liked the Cubs. Love Wrigley, but as for the hottest women, it's not even in the discussion. 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That is a solid negative, my friend

I'm seeing differing opinions, but not seeing any examples of proof. 

New York Mets

they’re 1999 season. I was 12 and was really rooting for them. Angels were a constant basement team, so I figured I’d pick a team to root for in the post season. I tend to follow them more than any other NL team

they remind me of the Angels a lot. They’re the baby brother team (Mets to Yankees, Angels to Dodgers). Lets someone face the yanks and dodgers rule their territories. Also they do contend for big free agents like the Angels 

i had a chance to make to Citi Field in 2017. There’s nothing like taking the train from the city to flushing. Citi field itself is awesome. If you’re in the area it’s worth it to catch a game there. 

On 1/29/2019 at 8:09 AM, Yellow Balloon said:

Pirates. 

The '71 World Series was the first one I ever watched, and though I rooted for the Orioles it was hard not to like Clemente, Stargell, Al Oliver, etc.  Pirates was also the name of my tee ball team that year.  Plus black & gold is a great color combo.    

First WS I ever watched too.  I remember at one point in the season they had six guys hitting over .300.  I loved Clemente, Sanguillen and Stargell.  In 1972, I went to my first Dodger game to see the Pirates.  I was a huge Pirates fan as a kid - even though I was also an Angels fan.  The Pirates; for many years, gave me more to cheer about...

That being said, my favorite NL team is the Padres.  Love the park.  Love that they have a local radio station that really supports them and I was a huge Tony Gwynn fan. 

1. Padres

2. Pirates (a close second at that)

Plus anyone playing the Dodgers.

Great timing for this thread. I just moved to Chattanooga in December and will be pulling for the Braves. I liked them growing up, when I lived in California, watching Maddox, Smoltz, Glavine, Justice etc.  It’s easy for me to begin rooting for them since they have no negative history with the Halos. Just a few nice trades that have favored the Angels.  Anyways, I’m looking forward to watching more of Acuna. 

1. Padres. Went to school at SDSU, and lived in the area for about 10 years and became a fan with the occasional successes in the '90s

2. Every other team in the NL West except the Dodgers, because ... well, you know.

3. Cardinals. I've just always liked them for some reason. My mom's side of the family are from Missouri and they're all Cardinal fans, so that might have something to do with it.

Honorable mention: The Reds in the Machine era. I started following baseball in 1976 and loved to watch Bench, Rose and company.

I really don't hate any NL outside of the Dodgers and would be happy rooting for any of them if it came to it.

That said:

- Any of the other NL West teams

- Reds - the Lorenzens were family friends, so will root for Michael Lorenzen's team as long as hes in the NL and not a Dodger.

- Brewers - This a current pick. Thought they were exciting to watch last year.

Montreal - See above, that team was awesome.

Philly - Only because of Schmidt, do not really pay attention to them much anymore.

Colorado - was a big Walker and Helton fan, since them i pay attention to what they are doing.

Milwaukee - ever since the days of Copper, Thomas, Lezcano, Yount, etc.  I like what they are putting together now.

The Giants. My dad taught me to hate the Dodgers (Interestingly, I always picked the opposite team he rooted for except we both hated the F'ing Dodgers).

Reds - Big Red Machine (saw lots of those games at Chavez Latrine) & earlier Pinson/Robinson

Cardinals - Gibson/Musial/Brock & Jack Clark

Braves - Aaron/Matthews/Spahn/Burdette