• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your Favorite NL Team(s)

Lou

@Lou won't admit it, but he's a closet fan of my NL team. It's really not surprising, because the Cubs have the most baseball savvy, intelligent, loyal, not to mention good looking fans in the entire sports world.

Wrigley Field also has the hottest women of any sports venue on the planet.  

13 hours ago, Dick Enberg said:

Cubs - would watch the games with my Grandpa back in the 60's. Grandpa would always be chewing on his cigar and getting up from his chair, running to the TV and cussing at it! 

Sounds like my dad watching Cardinal games. In 1964, on the last Saturday of the season and with the NL pennant very much in doubt, CBS televised the Cardinals - Mets game. The Mets were horrible, but not on this day. They beat St. Louis 15-5, and I learned a lot of new words.

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Sounds like my dad watching Cardinal games. In 1964, on the last Saturday of the season and with the NL pennant very much in doubt, CBS televised the Cardinals - Mets game. The Mets were horrible, but not on this day. They beat St. Louis 15-5, and I learned a lot of new words.

Awesome!!

19 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

When I see strangers with a Giant's hat on I'll sometimes say

"Hey, I'm an Angel's fan, I hate the Dodgers too!"

Usually ends with a high-five

I lived in No Cal for quite a while..that's very true, used that line more than once myself. Those "3 of 5" Giants teams were fun to watch, and I've met Giants fans in quite a few NL stadiums around the country (they really travel) and they've all been cool people. 

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

@Lou won't admit it, but he's a closet fan of my NL team. It's really not surprising, because the Cubs have the most baseball savvy, intelligent, loyal, not to mention good looking fans in the entire sports world.

Wrigley Field also has the hottest women of any sports venue on the planet.  

I've always liked the Cubs. Love Wrigley, but as for the hottest women, it's not even in the discussion. 

Reds. Was a big fan of the Big Red Machine and lived near Cincy when I was a kid. Follow them casually now but have always been a fan.

I'll admit that I've softened a bit on the Dodgers over the years. They don't bother me as much as they used to though their fans are still knuckleheads.

I will never be a fan of the Giants. They have the most idiotic fans outside of the Bronx. A few games at Candlestick sealed that deal for me. Any bay area sports fans, really.

13 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Pirates

Loved the teams with Bonds (until his lollipop throw home and bounced for the Giants and grew his head) , Bonilla, Van Slyke, Drabek, Wakefield, etc.

That Pirate run was when Angels were not so good.  

Andy Van Slyke is one of those great players who are easy to forget about. Playing with those bigger names, he was always overlooked. So underrated!

Edited by NJHalo