• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Ha, I've heard plenty of people say things like, "I worked during college so that I didn't have to go into debt."

I'm not saying I've heard this on AngelsWin.

I worked my way through college so that I didn’t have to go into debt. My single mom also worked seven nights a week at the hospital so neither my brother or I would have to go into debt.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

How much was your college tuition?

In 1978-79 it was about $3500-4000 per year. That doubled for us when my brother enrolled in 1980. We worked all year long plus summers so that we could get through. Took one small loan for a summer school class I needed to take one year. Both of us graduated without owing a dime.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

In 1978-79 it was about $3500-4000 per year. That doubled for us when my brother enrolled in 1980. We worked all year long plus summers so that we could get through. Took one small loan for a summer school class I needed to take one year. Both of us graduated without owing a dime.

That's great (not sarcasm). If I had been smarter, I would have gone to a cheaper state school rather than an overpriced private school, and I would have worked at INO or something during the summer. But it still would have been tough to graduate with no debt. 

I believe you've mentioned your daughter is in college/was in college recently. How did she afford it?

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

That's great (not sarcasm). If I had been smarter, I would have gone to a cheaper state school rather than an overpriced private school, and I would have worked at INO or something during the summer. But it still would have been tough to graduate with no debt. 

I believe you've mentioned your daughter is in college/was in college recently. How did she afford it?

thanks. it was a lot of hard work and counting pennies at times, plus no vacations or trips, but we got through and came out alright.

my daughter started off at my alma mater. no loans but because it's an adventist college and i work for the church, we got a sizeable discount for her on tuition. long story short, she left after 1.5 quarters and enrolled online at LACC. much to our surprise, she insisted on paying for it herself. she has been working this whole time and could afford it, realizing that it was necessary for her to work to afford her schooling. she took out one loan for around $2k and paid it off just as quickly as she possibly could. right now she's looking for a new school because LACC hasn't been responsive to her requests for scheduling help or transferring credits, so right now we're in wait-and-see mode. it's not the path i would have chosen for her, but it's her journey to take and she has to figure it out. she's also still undecided on what she really wants to do for her career.

21 hours ago, Lhalo said:

91 freeway at Lakeview lol. 

96262C47-3301-4460-BDA7-70553ED59B53.jpeg

3 hours ago, Tank said:

thanks. it was a lot of hard work and counting pennies at times, plus no vacations or trips, but we got through and came out alright.

my daughter started off at my alma mater. no loans but because it's an adventist college and i work for the church, we got a sizeable discount for her on tuition. long story short, she left after 1.5 quarters and enrolled online at LACC. much to our surprise, she insisted on paying for it herself. she has been working this whole time and could afford it, realizing that it was necessary for her to work to afford her schooling. she took out one loan for around $2k and paid it off just as quickly as she possibly could. right now she's looking for a new school because LACC hasn't been responsive to her requests for scheduling help or transferring credits, so right now we're in wait-and-see mode. it's not the path i would have chosen for her, but it's her journey to take and she has to figure it out. she's also still undecided on what she really wants to do for her career.

After seeing the quote right above Tanks post, then reading Tanks post.  I mis-read that as penises and though woah tank, TMI.

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

If Trump was still in office the headline would be “Pandemic rages on as President plays video game.”

This is the third top story on their website right now.

Trump Surprises Supporters at Presidents Day Rally Days After Senate Acquittal
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-surprises-supporters-presidents-day-rally-days-after-senate-acquittal-1569423