• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cowart has been abducted by Dipoto

UndertheHalo

So he’s going to pitch in the majors after not having pitched a single inning since high school? That’s hard to believe, unless it’s just someone who can come in and mop up in a blowout... basically like any other position player, not a “two-way player.”

In the past, haven’t people said that in order to convert to a pitcher, a position player would have to go down to the minors and start over, basically retrain themselves and come up through the system, effectively taking 2-3 years to make it back to the majors, if at all?

58 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Per MLBTradeRumors:
"The Mariners have claimed infielder Kaleb Cowart off waivers from the Angels. Notably, the Seattle club referred to Cowart as an infielder and right-handed pitcher in its announcement. He’ll “come to Spring Training as a two-way player,” per the M’s."

....Hu.

Dipoto's "big guns" finally got him The two way star he wanted.....

8 minutes ago, DMVol said:

There might be somebody out there who switched to pitching at 26 and was a success but I can't think of who that might be.  Percival (and others) switched earlier in their minor league careers, I think....Cowart should have done that, if the team gave him the option....

rick ankiel is the only one i can think of, but he went the other opposite direction and switched from pitching to every day outfielder.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dipoto's "big guns" finally got him The two way star he wanted.....

Dipoto playing the long game again...

He intentionally botched the Ohtani deal just to ensure we would sign him thus creating an issue with roster spots eventually...Profit again for the Jedi

11 minutes ago, DMVol said:

There might be somebody out there who switched to pitching at 26 and was a success but I can't think of who that might be.  Percival (and others) switched earlier in their minor league careers, I think....Cowart should have done that, if the team gave him the option....

Only guy I can think of that semi resembles that was Brooks Kieschnick.   Anthony Gose has been a recent attempt to do it.

2 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

I have a question, Do the Angels get anything in return since the claimed him? I mean even any amount money wise  for Moreno's Yacht, a bag of peanuts?

They get nothing. Just as no one the Angels have claimed anyone from has received anything. They didn't DFA him, they just put him on waivers, trying to sneak him through to the minor league roster since he's out of options and it's a busy time right now.

His trade value wasn't very high though. It's also possible he doesn't make the Mariners 25-man, and then will be able to sign with whomever he wants on a major or minor league deal.

I've always liked and supported Cowart, but there is not any room for him, nor does his loss sting that much.