• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW Jargon...

T.G.

1 hour ago, the dude abides said:

I want to say he was a post and ghost guy, who basically called us a bunch of pussies because we were down on the Angels after a series loss.

Apparently, he lived by the beach, owned two porsches, and wanted to nail Laura Diaz.

If I remember correctly, he was also the "hurdle the wolf's mouth" guy.

i recall that he wanted laura diaz to sing the national anthem.

he was giving the rest of us crap about it and bragged about he lived two blocks from the beach and owned three porsches and all of us were losers yada yada yada.

nutswinger - someone who believed scioscia no matter what

f'n stoneman - derogatory term aimed at our former GM who seemingly was sitting around doing nothing instead of making trades and picking up better players. there were also lots of jokes about him being inactive because he was sitting in his office playing xbox.

4 hours ago, krAbs said:

I think of a Rondon as being slightly more specific. Its a prospect who has some amount of value, but that amount of value is extremely low. Think, ceiling as an MLB bench warmer kind of guy. So, for a trade, you may throw in a couple Rondons to sweeten the pot. You aren't losing much, but its a nice gesture.

No, it was literally just prospects in general.  For example we can make a trade for Realmuto, but the cost will be 3 or 4 Rondons.  Some of which we may not be ok giving up.  

Anyone remember "Announcement Forthcoming"?

One off-season several years ago, Chuck gave us all blue balls by promising some kind of big announcement. We thought he was announcing that the Angels had made a big acquisition. When the time came for the announcement, Chuck told us that he had booked Tim Salmon for an interview with AngelsWin.

13 minutes ago, True Grich said:

?

Ghost Shark was a thread where Victorious Ghost took a picture of a cloud he thought looked like a shark.  It lead to a year of us all making fun of him and posting other objects we saw in clouds.  Usually it was just a could and we would make up what we saw in it.  I miss Vic posting on here because he was a cool cat.  He had all of these cool home remedies.  Also he died once, but he came back to life.  

Edge: Lowell

Before the 2009 ALDS, some dumbass reporter (maybe Jerry Crasnick?) wrote an article comparing the Angels and Red Sox, position by position. Each evaluation was concluded with "Edge: [Player]" to signify which team had a better player at that position. Most of them were fair, but the writer totally derailed his credibility by comparing Chone Figgins (who was coming off his best season) and Mike Lowell (on the downside of his career) at 3B, and then giving the edge to Lowell.

Just found the article. Looks like it was Pedro Gomez: http://www.espn.com.au/boston/columns/story?columnist=gomez_pedro&id=4531541

Let's not forget the 2, no wait, 3, no wait, 4, no let's go to 5 epic past posters.  Whose names are well enough known, that just speaking them has meaning. 

The name who should never be spoken.  The Wise man.  - From the old board.  I think his name was Lee.  He was the wise man that would have the strangest theories.  Then argue 10 pages about it.

Lifetime.  No.  You are wrong.  etc.  The argumentative one that makes Lou look like a saint.  He would never say why anyone was incorrect.  

Air.  This is more of a friendly ribbing that he is older than it.  

Monkey.  Not the current M0nkey.  Another argumentative dude that usually made no sense.  Mostly depicted by a picture of a monkey upchucking.

And finally Tad.  I think that was his name, it's been so long.  Let's put it this way, he was way too big into wrestling.  Even more than AO.  

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Let's not forget the 2, no wait, 3, no wait, 4, no let's go to 5 epic past posters.  Whose names are well enough known, that just speaking them has meaning. 

The name who should never be spoken.  The Wise man.  - From the old board.  I think his name was Lee.  He was the wise man that would have the strangest theories.  Then argue 10 pages about it.

Lifetime.  No.  You are wrong.  etc.  The argumentative one that makes Lou look like a saint.  He would never say why anyone was incorrect.  

Air.  This is more of a friendly ribbing that he is older than it.  

Monkey.  Not the current M0nkey.  Another argumentative dude that usually made no sense.  Mostly depicted by a picture of a monkey upchucking.

And finally Tad.  I think that was his name, it's been so long.  Let's put it this way, he was way too big into wrestling.  Even more than AO.  

What about RMunkee? I think he had a little dislike of Vlad, just a little.