• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW Jargon...

T.G.

10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I still harbor a slight grudge with Wilfong.   Even if he did tie up 1986 ALCS game 5 in the bottom of the 9th, he stuck to 1B when he would have gotten to 2B if doing the normal thing and taking the extra base on the throw home.    Then Schofield's hit to RF may have scored the ALCS clinching run.

One of my grudges is Gary Lucas.  He had one job.  Get Gedman out.  And he plunks him instead.  Seriously Gary?  You can't even avoid hitting the guy?

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Speaking of things that haven't come up in a while, does anyone remember in Spring Training when Kelvim Escobar came up to bat and Scioscia told him not to swing and he swung though the first pitch anyway.  The camera pans over to Scioscia waving his arms, eyes enraged yelling "don't swing", and Escobar smiles and him, swings anyway and actually gets a "seein' eye" single up the middle?  The camera bans back over to Scioscia and you can read his lips perfectly "You gotta be sh___ing me."

One of the funniest moments.  

Well that, and the time Jeff Mathis threw to 1B when a runner was stealing 2B.  The reaction on this board was epic.  Can anyone find that thread?  @Lou maybe?

no 

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

One of my grudges is Gary Lucas.  He had one job.  Get Gedman out.  And he plunks him instead.  Seriously Gary?  You can't even avoid hitting the guy?

With his first pitch yet

And why did they leave Moore out there for a 3rd inning?   Bobby Grich even said on a MLB Network show several years back that Finley would have been a nice guy to go to for starting the 11th.   Sure enough, after Moore struggled and allowed the eventual winning run, Finley came in and got two outs. 

Just now, True Grich said:

Who was the two porsche guy?

I want to say he was a post and ghost guy, who basically called us a bunch of pussies because we were down on the Angels after a series loss.

Apparently, he lived by the beach, owned two porsches, and wanted to nail Laura Diaz.

If I remember correctly, he was also the "hurdle the wolf's mouth" guy.