• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW Jargon...

T.G.

That anniversary thread had Mrwicked offering a trio of him, Adam and Brandon, play dust in the wind while he throws skittles In my wife's face. The two litre and Domino's was a drop in that thread.

Vanilla and Daddy issues was Brandon's contribution but it was another thread. Either his dating or maybe even the Corry breakup thread.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

alo roops forever!

tad was a cheerleader up on the view level and used to bring a drum. he teamed up with his sorta girlfriend meagan to rally the troops. he also designed t-shirts and shared one of them here with all of us. the H in halo and T in troops were kind of muddy in the design and a few people here started teasing him about the shirts saying all goops instead of halo troops, and it became a thing (i think it was mr.wicked who led the charge on that). 

tad also made his own championship wrestling belt that he wore to games. it was pretty hilarious. 

i think tad was a bit on the special needs side of life. he was a nice guy when i met him and his dad at a game one time. he lives now in arizona and is studying some kind of computer design. we're friends on facebook.

I do remember that guy now.  I wondered what happened to him.  Thanks for the update on his move to Arizona.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

That anniversary thread had Mrwicked offering a trio of him, Adam and Brandon, play dust in the wind while he throws skittles In my wife's face. The two litre and Domino's was a drop in that thread.

Vanilla and Daddy issues was Brandon's contribution but it was another thread. Either his dating or maybe even the Cory breakup thread.

that was one of the most hilarious threads ever created here.

3 hours ago, the dude abides said:

I missed this.  Which poster was it?

I can't remember who exactly but I think maybe he was a buddy of Chuck or something like that. He had like single-digit post count and then he came in with, "if you follow me on Twitter..." and nobody knew him so it was a huge joke. For awhile after that people were throwing that line around. The guy just disappeared.

3 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

He was the WORST ever.

He was the worst ever and someone early in the thread gave a passing acknowledgement to Lou, which is utterly ridiculous.

First off, Lou is correct like 84% of the time, which for message board standards puts you in the top 1% of 1%. Lifetime was completely wrong so often, it hurt.

Second, Lou has a sense of humor.  There is nobody in the history of this board with less a sense of humor than Lifetime.

Third, LT had zero self awareness, zero ability to just once in a while go "my bad".  It's the worst habit you can have on a message board.

41 minutes ago, Jay said:

I can't remember who exactly but I think maybe he was a buddy of Chuck or something like that. He had like single-digit post count and then he came in with, "if you follow me on Twitter..." and nobody knew him so it was a huge joke. For awhile after that people were throwing that line around. The guy just disappeared.

I *know* I was the first guy to bust his balls about that, and I forgot, you are right, it was a buddy of Chuck's.

Again, to make it here, you have to be able to take it when there is the once in a while pile on against you.

16 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

He was the worst ever and someone early in the thread gave a passing acknowledgement to Lou, which is utterly ridiculous.

First off, Lou is correct like 84% of the time, which for message board standards puts you in the top 1% of 1%. Lifetime was completely wrong so often, it hurt.

Second, Lou has a sense of humor.  There is nobody in the history of this board with less a sense of humor than Lifetime.

Third, LT had zero self awareness, zero ability to just once in a while go "my bad".  It's the worst habit you can have on a message board.

tom cruise 90s movies GIF

(but it's 94%, jerk)

1 hour ago, Jay said:

this reminds me of the guy (a friend of a regular at the time) who showed up one day and started arguing about arm angles for pitchers. evidently, he was an "expert"

he did not take kindly to my laughing at him and his posts for some odd reason. he lost his shit.

never heard from him again. 

On 12/5/2018 at 6:22 PM, Taylor said:

Edge: Lowell

Before the 2009 ALDS, some dumbass reporter (maybe Jerry Crasnick?) wrote an article comparing the Angels and Red Sox, position by position. Each evaluation was concluded with "Edge: [Player]" to signify which team had a better player at that position. Most of them were fair, but the writer totally derailed his credibility by comparing Chone Figgins (who was coming off his best season) and Mike Lowell (on the downside of his career) at 3B, and then giving the edge to Lowell.

Just found the article. Looks like it was Pedro Gomez: http://www.espn.com.au/boston/columns/story?columnist=gomez_pedro&id=4531541

What made that so memorable to me was that LTH went absolutely apeshit.

35 minutes ago, Lou said:

"To make it here, you have to be able to take it when there is the once in a while pile on against you."

- 2019 AngelsWin slogan 

If I stood up to all you guys during the infamous Stand Up To Cancer battles of 2018 and 2016, the rest of you have to fight through your own battles.