• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Leftists Announce Boycott Against 'In-N-Out Burger' For Donating To GOP

To me the big thing with in-n-out is consistency.  They do an incredible job maintaining the quality of the product across all of their locations.  I can’t really think of a time, regardless of location that I haven’t gotten essentially the exact same quality of burger in terms of how it’s put together and how everything tastes. The veggies always are crisp and super fresh, meat is always the same and good.  Like I said the consistency is pretty amazing.

The Habit is fine.  A solid burger.  I like that I can have it on the sourdough bread.  Prefer in-n-out still. 

5 guys I don’t care for.  Way too greasy. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 8/31/2018 at 7:39 PM, Stradling said:

I can say with quite certainty that that isn’t part of INOs marketing plan.  They also didn’t sacrifice $25k for bad publicity, some jackass decided to make INOs donation about boycotting, which I can tell you has backfired.  I have it on good authority that yesterday and today were good days sales wise.  

Hell, even I went! Or was that in itself enough for you guys to have a good sales day. Also currently...

2E818FD8-025B-483B-B465-69AED76DB79E.jpeg

I completely understand I am biased, but the idea that either side would boycott INO is ridiculous.  My division has 6 stores in LA county and 1 in San Bernardino County.  We start our associates in LA county at $14.50 and most of our associates are making $15 in less than a year.  We have four levels of store management.  The entry level shift person makes about $20 an hour, plus bonus.  Our average store manager makes over $160k a year, with some making much much more than that.  We offer profit sharing for the store managers, we offer 401k for the managers.  They get up to 5 weeks of vacation a year.  Store managers get two weekends off a month, which is unheard of in our industry.  We just introduced a friendlier schedule for managers as they age.  When you become full time you get the same medical package the owner gets, which by the way is a very good benefits package.  We promote from within whenever possible, which is most of the time.  We have an ever growing support department that transfers associates into their department and trains them.  The managers have an opportunity to earn trips once a year, and these are amazing trips staying at the finest hotels in the world.  If they earn the trip, which usually lasts 12 days, they don’t have to use any vacation time, they are just paid, to go on the trip with their spouse, fly first class and enjoy luxury.  I have personally been to Scotland and Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, Italy, NY and Iceland, Miami and the Western Caribbean, Canadian Rockies, and Switzerland.  Oh and Hawaii 6 times.  I have one year of college experience (which is probably noticeable by the run on paragraph) and I have carved out a very nice living because of this company.  So yea, I went off and I am somewhat protective of the company that has given me everything and currently provides for both of my sons and my daughter.  

Sorry for the rant.  

38 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I completely understand I am biased, but the idea that either side would boycott INO is ridiculous.  My division has 6 stores in LA county and 1 in San Bernardino County.  We start our associates in LA county at $14.50 and most of our associates are making $15 in less than a year.  We have four levels of store management.  The entry level shift person makes about $20 an hour, plus bonus.  Our average store manager makes over $160k a year, with some making much much more than that.  We offer profit sharing for the store managers, we offer 401k for the managers.  They get up to 5 weeks of vacation a year.  Store managers get two weekends off a month, which is unheard of in our industry.  We just introduced a friendlier schedule for managers as they age.  When you become full time you get the same medical package the owner gets, which by the way is a very good benefits package.  We promote from within whenever possible, which is most of the time.  We have an ever growing support department that transfers associates into their department and trains them.  The managers have an opportunity to earn trips once a year, and these are amazing trips staying at the finest hotels in the world.  If they earn the trip, which usually lasts 12 days, they don’t have to use any vacation time, they are just paid, to go on the trip with their spouse, fly first class and enjoy luxury.  I have personally been to Scotland and Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, Italy, NY and Iceland, Miami and the Western Caribbean, Canadian Rockies, and Switzerland.  Oh and Hawaii 6 times.  I have one year of college experience (which is probably noticeable by the run on paragraph) and I have carved out a very nice living because of this company.  So yea, I went off and I am somewhat protective of the company that has given me everything and currently provides for both of my sons and my daughter.  

Sorry for the rant.  

So In-N-Out has a great business model and treats it's employees well and the left want's to boycott? Idiots

On 8/30/2018 at 11:27 AM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Good job Mr. Bauman, that'll help the business environment of California.

This is what Democrats just dont get. They might be the more humane party, but on anything economy/business they are completely naive and brain dead.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

Sorry for the rant.  

So.....where do I sign up to become an INO manager?

;)

Comparing Chick-Fil-A and In-N-Out is a rather egregious false equivalency. One speaks out against LGBTQ rights, the other donates a few bucks to a political party.

I honestly don’t get the big deal. There are no INOs in Hawaii, but I wouldn’t think twice about eating there (aside from the fact I’m not a fast food guy).

52 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Comparing Chick-Fil-A and In-N-Out is a rather egregious false equivalency. One speaks out against LGBTQ rights, the other donates a few bucks to a political party.

I honestly don’t get the big deal. There are no INOs in Hawaii, but I wouldn’t think twice about eating there (aside from the fact I’m not a fast food guy).

The guy at the CA DNC is an idiot.  Also, I doubt there’s any real movement to boycott in-n-out. 

Remember when the conservative twittershere raged and declared a boycott on Delta because they cancelled the NRA discount.  Also, that Georgia state legislator threatened Delta with legislation over it.  Or remember when a bunch of them made videos of themselves shooting their YETI coolers because YETI cancelled NRA discounts.  

Calling for boycotts over stupid things is hardly the exclusive province of the left. 

And btw, I think Strad is justified in pointing out how stupid the notion of a boycott of a nothing contribution is.  Many of us here have.  Right and left.   He’s passionate about in-n-out and that’s fair.  I haven’t seen him prattling on about how intolerant the left is.  Some of you other guys are being ridiculous about this.  It’s nothing.  Again, the DNC guy is a moron.  Morons say stupid things.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Remember when the conservative twittershere raged and declared a boycott on Delta because they cancelled the NRA discount.  Also, that Georgia state legislator threatened Delta with legislation over it.  Or remember when a bunch of them made videos of themselves shooting their YETI coolers because YETI cancelled NRA discounts.  

Calling for boycotts over stupid things is hardly the exclusive province of the left. 

And btw, I think Strad is justified in pointing out how stupid the notion of a boycott of a nothing contribution is.  Many of us here have.  Right and left.   He’s passionate about in-n-out and that’s fair.  I haven’t seen him prattling on about how intolerant the left is.  Some of you other guys are being ridiculous about this.  It’s nothing.  Again, the DNC guy is a moron.  Morons say stupid things.  

The only difference is that this guy represents the DNC and nobody else from them have spoken against him.

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

The only difference is that this guy represents the DNC and nobody else from them have spoken against him.

Right he’s in an official position but so is that state assemblyman in Georgia.  Again, in that case he threatened to bring legislation forward to adversely impact Delta.  A company that I believe is the largest employer in his state.  I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to find other examples.  How many times have we seen Donald tweet about companies he doesn’t like ? I’m sure there are other examples on both sides.  But I think this is in-n-out thing is nothing.

The climate is what it is.