• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where is Billy Eppler

failos

15 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

he's been working to fix the mess that Dipoto left this org in

Agreed, but I'm a little surprised at the lack of movement on his end. I think we can all agree that Dipoto would've cut Valbuena by now.

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Agreed. Other than Ohtani, which is admittedly a big addition for this teams future, the rest of his offseason was pretty bad

Yep, although I like that he grabbed a couple of the Braves minor leaguers.  Seems as though this most recent pile of pen arms are closer to what he envisioned the first batch of arms doing. 

12 minutes ago, bojangels said:

Agreed, but I'm a little surprised at the lack of movement on his end. I think we can all agree that Dipoto would've cut Valbuena by now.

Going to be tough holding on to Valbuena much longer, I might wait until Albert gets back though if I were Eppler.

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

So we’d be better than we are right now? 

I have no idea.  We wouldn’t have Simmons, we wouldn’t have Ohtani.  We would still have Albert and his contract.  We wouldn’t have Adell, or Renigfo, or Marsh, or Canning or Thias, and Ward would be playing catcher still.  Scioscia would still be here, if you think that means anything.  We wouldn’t have the minor leaguers it takes to upgrade the major league team because he was horrible at drafting.  We would be only one year removed from Hamilton and Arte seems to be near the top of his budget.  On the plus side we would have Newcomb which would be nice.  

7 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Please tell me the mess he put us in? Of the starting 9 in the line up. Eppler has a hand in 6 of them. How are those six doing? 

No talent in the minor leagues to fill holes on the major league team.  He also had a hand in the Hamilton and Albert signings.  While Arte is the one we all blame, a GM has to be able to use his ability to influence people to do the right thing.  Do you forget how bad his signings were besides those two?  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

No talent in the minor leagues to fill holes on the major league team.  He also had a hand in the Hamilton and Albert signings.  While Arte is the one we all blame, a GM has to be able to use his ability to influence people to do the right thing.  Do you forget how bad his signings were besides those two?  

Ya tell me how many division titles Eppler has won in his 3 years here and how many Dipoto won in his 3 years here. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ya tell me how many division titles Eppler has won in his 3 years here and how many Dipoto won in his 3 years here. 

Tell me the team and farm that each took over.  Dude, just stop, you are delusional if you actually think Dipoto left this organization in a good position.  You are the ONLY person that would actually think that. 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Tell me the team and farm that each took over.  Dude, just stop, you are delusional if you actually think Dipoto left this organization in a good position.  You are the ONLY person that would actually think that. 

So one gm took over a similar shit team and won a division title. Another gm took over a team that’s shit and in 3 years they are shit.