• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where is Billy Eppler

failos

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So what exactly was your point in bringing up that Eppler brought in guys who had TJ?  Or for singing Jerry's praises for giving us half the rotation (that all had TJ).   You can't even keep track of your own arguments -- much less take down anyone else's -- just stop.

Reading comprehension? I don’t know read it again I’ve said it now for the third time I don’t blame GMs for injuries I blame GMs for bad contracts and bad players. 

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yes -- that one typo negates everything I said - right?  Meanwhile every post of yours validates me.   Nice playing with you...  G nite!

You’re going to bed it’s 11:42 in the morning. Also I responded to everything you wrote. Except where you called me a mouth breather in the same sentence you misspelled you’re. I thought it was funny. But ok get butt hurt. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

I can’t think of all the guys he’s brought in if they were Billy’s guys or left over people. But didn’t Meyer ? What about our opening day closer? Ramirez? 

Also are you really going to blame a GM because a player got injured? I agree blame them for sucking but an injury is out of control of the GM. Because if we want to blame the GM for it then surely we can blame Billy for all the pitching injuries and Cozart injury being under his term. Or is that not how that works?

No, i dont blame the GM for injuries....you did....see your post that I quoted, when you said eppler brought in guys who needed TJ...but dipoto brought us skaggs....

48 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

I love what Eppler's done with the minor league system, but his moves at the major league level have been mostly bad. The team seems built to compete in 2020/1-onward but that is also dependent on most of these prospects hitting (because Eppler does such a poor job of making accretive FA moves) and Eppler not signing vets like Cozart/Valbuena/etc to impede their progress. 

Dipoto and Reagins were awful, Eppler is better but not by much. He might not even be around to actually see the team succeed in 3-4 years.

The difference with eppler (and im not saying this because i like him, dislike the others) is the situation he came in to.

Reagins took over a very good team with a very good farm. His biggest mistake (long term) was not offering qual offers to guys who left.

Dipoto came in to a crappier farm (thanks to reagins), but a pretty good mlb club with a solid group of youth, and not past prime vets (like aybar, howie, weaver, etc).

Dipoto left the mlb team worse than he inherited, and a farm historically bad. Like national news bad.

Eppler inherited a very mediocre  mlb club, with NO pitching staff, and an offense with trout, aging pujols, and nothing else.

The reason weve signed crap, short term guys is varied. We didnt want to give up drqft picks because we desperately needed upper round draft picks. Second, we were already up against the luxury tax.

Basically, eppler inherited a bad marriage...someone who was divorced and bankrupt with alimony, but had a huge weiner (trout).

Now, going forward, its time to spend. I was personally let down with the cozart signing...but then again i wanted moustakas....so im an idiot too. But point being, we have some financial freedom finally...not enough to go all 2004, but enough to sign a few actual good players. If say we snag keu..(dallas K) this winter and a real closer, it would be huge, and affordable. One of the reasons being our farm can replace most if not all the dead weight. Even if they arent better, still way cheaper.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I get that people are frustrated, I get that wins and losses are the ultimate measuring stick, but the more I read this post the more I question the critical thinking of the fanbase..   

This notion that Eppler is some dolt who has failed while Jerry is this mastermind GM because "scoreboard" is expected but also inane..   If anything the usual suspects should be rejoicing because if ever there was a season to blame the manager for stuff this might be it... 

Consider these facts.

Despite the injuries to the pitching staff the Angels team ERA ranks 5th in the AL at 3.82 -- the adjusted ERA also ranks 5th at 107.   The bane of our existence this year, the bullpen, has posted an ERA of 3.86, this despite being severely overworked.  The lauded Mariners bullpen that Jerry built has an ERA of 3.94 in 50 less innings.   Their team ERA is 4.02 and adjusted for park it's below the league average of 100.     

Offensively the Angels consistently awful offense has scored 426 runs -- only 9th best in the AL but all of 9 runs away from ranking 6th -- the Mariners BTW has scored 415 runs and rank 10th -- but sport the much better adjusted 104 OPS+ to the Angels league average 100.

So...  when reading these posts sucking JD's ass, and ripping into Eppler I can't help but hope that Billy (and whoever is managing), does in fact learn something from Dipoto and they do a better job manufacturing luck next year ... Because if the two team's respective ability to limit and score runs is any indication, it's significantly better to be lucky than good.

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Please read where I said I didn’t think he was better or worse. 

Well you’d still be wrong.  If you don’t read all those posts from TenOcho and Inside Pitch, and realize you are dead wrong then you truly are either in love with your own opinion or mentally challenged.   Or simply a troll.  

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

No, i dont blame the GM for injuries....you did....see your post that I quoted, when you said eppler brought in guys who needed TJ...but dipoto brought us skaggs....

Can u not read? I said are you really going to blame a gm for injuries? Wtf am I in a bad 80s movie?

36 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well you’d still be wrong.  If you don’t read all those posts from TenOcho and Inside Pitch, and realize you are dead wrong then you truly are either in love with your own opinion or mentally challenged.   Or simply a troll.  

I read them all. Because I have a different opinion then some of you doesn’t mean I’m mentally challenged or whatever Blarg said. But I’ve stated that yes Eppler has rebuilt the farm but the mlb roster isn’t very good. Which at the end of the day is what we as a team are judged by. Some of his signings haven’t worked out one that I can think of has so far. But if u wanna call people names that’s cool too. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Sorry Mrs. Dipoto, I must have mistaken you for a troll.  

Aww it’s Mr Black but it’s ok I am not a huge fan of Dipoto nor am I a huge fan of Eppler. You can use my first name or my last if you’d like.