• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where is Billy Eppler

failos

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Man, some of you guys legit don’t get why the Angels have been the way they’ve been. Pretty dumb. Look at the teams who win.  There is a common thread. 

I agree, prospects create winning teams. I'm questioning why Eppler hasn't cut Valbuena, and made other minor moves.

Edited by bojangels

48 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

So one gm took over a similar shit team and won a division title. Another gm took over a team that’s shit and in 3 years they are shit. 

One guy inherited a team with...

1B Trumbo 25
DH Morales 28
SS Aybar 27
2B Kendrick 27
3B Callaspo 28
CF Bourjos 24
RF Hunter 35 

SP Haren 30
SP Weaver 28
SP Santana 28
SP Chatwood 21
RP Walden 23

Mike Trout, Cole Calhoun, Garrett Richards, Jean Segura, Matt Shoemaker, CJ Cron, Cam Bedrosian, and Randal Grichuk in the minors.

Every single one of those guys in the minors has come up and produced on some level at the MLB level.

That team was also 40+ mil below the luxury threshold.

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Please tell me the mess he put us in? Of the starting 9 in the line up. Eppler has a hand in 6 of them. How are those six doing? 

Dude....i want to "lol", but theres no way you can be serious about this. 

Were you watching when dipoto was here?

To answer your question, ill ask one in return. How is pujols doing? Hamilton? Cj wilson perhaps?

Because when dipoto quit and ran, he left those 3 guys, who were making close to $100 million a year, leaving what?...90 mill or so for the other 23 guys on the roster?

Want to go down the list of of who dipoto brought in when he was here? How is the crap eppler has brought in any worse than ibanez replacing trumbo was? Shane victorino? Giovatella? Matt joyce?

He traded grichuk and bourjos for freese and salas. To say freese was decent leaves out the part where kubitza was supposed to play 3B...if you forgot about him, no sweat...just about nobody dipoto brought in was memorable.

Only 2 (or 3) years ago, people were saying we had the worst farm ever seen. Look at it now, versus seattles. 

Do you think seattle passes Houston? Lets say no, but they get the 2cd wildcard. Ok....does seattle look better than houston, boston or NY?..

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

One guy inherited a team with...

1B Trumbo 25
DH Morales 28
SS Aybar 27
2B Kendrick 27
3B Callaspo 28
CF Bourjos 24
RF Hunter 35 

SP Haren 30
SP Weaver 28
SP Santana 28
SP Chatwood 21
RP Walden 23

Mike Trout, Cole Calhoun, Garrett Richards, Jean Segura, Matt Shoemaker, CJ Cron, Cam Bedrosian, and Randal Grichuk in the minors.

Every single one of those guys in the minors has come up and produced on some level at the MLB level.

That team was also 40+ mil below the luxury threshold.

And the other personally anointed baldoquin the next tejada, worth taking us out of international signings for 3 years.

Its been debated on here before, but its common sense. Vlad jr would have signed here. 

He may already be up if he was here. And likely we dont sign cozart, have another bat in the lineup, etc etc. 

But, hey...the mariners are better than us....in second place...the long national nightmare is over, or something like that. 

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To answer your question, ill ask one in return. How is pujols doing? Hamilton? Cj wilson perhaps?

Because when dipoto quit and ran, he left those 3 guys, who were making close to $100 million a year, leaving what?...90 mill or so for the other 23 guys on the roster?

Want to go down the list of of who dipoto brought in when he was here? How is the crap eppler has brought in any worse than ibanez replacing trumbo was? Shane victorino? Giovatella? Matt joyce?

He traded grichuk and bourjos for freese and salas. To say freese was decent leaves out the part where kubitza was supposed to play 3B...if you forgot about him, no sweat...just about nobody dipoto brought in was memorable.

Only 2 (or 3) years ago, people were saying we had the worst farm ever seen. Look at it now, versus seattles. 

Do you think seattle passes Houston? Lets say no, but they get the 2cd wildcard. Ok....does seattle look better than houston, boston or NY?..

So of the starting 9 Eppler has brought in 6 of the players correct? Dipoto is responsible for 1 in Pujols. Skaggs is Dipoto as well. I’m not saying Jerry is better or worse what I am saying is get off Billy’s jock. This team is worse now than when he inherited it. This team still needs an overhaul. 1st 2nd 3rd catcher RF and a bullpen. Who the f knows with the starting pitching from day to day. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

So of the starting 9 Eppler has brought in 6 of the players correct? Dipoto is responsible for 1 in Pujols. Skaggs is Dipoto as well. I’m not saying Jerry is better or worse what I am saying is get off Billy’s jock. This team is worse now than when he inherited it. This team still needs an overhaul. 1st 2nd 3rd catcher RF and a bullpen. Who the f knows with the starting pitching from day to day. 

The team? Yes, I agree. 

The organization as a whole? Not even close. Dipoto left the minor league system in complete shambles. Eppler has turned it around almost entirely. That's not easy to do in 3 years.

Obviously it remains to be seen what impact this will have on the big league roster, but it's better to have a good farm going forward than a shitty one.

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I assume you mentioned Skaggs because hes one of our few bright spots 

Dipoto traded for Skaggs in 2013, and this is the first positive year weve gotten from him....

Heaney was dipoto as well, and ditto. Tropeano, too.

Do I like them? Yes. But all 3 are also a key reason to what led to this teams problems the last few years. We had ZERO starting pitching. We had to scotch tape together a rotation. In doing so, we had to use up what little cap space we had, while having nothing of value to trade (thanks jerry). 

And you question why weve only signed ducks like valbuena and these other scrap heap dudes? We had no money and nothing to trade...what better would we have done?

At least now theres an incoming crop of talent. Something we havent had since reagins was here.

You asked earlier how many division rings have we won since eppler took over vs dipoto. Ok, fair enough. Dipoto has been with seattle since eppler has been here. How many has dipoto had?....

Bottom like, dipoto inherited a flawed but good team, with holes but a very solid core. Rocksteady players at SS and 2B. Morales at 1B. Torii at RF. The greenlight and money to sign pujols, the biggest FA in years. Mike trout comes up. Young guys like trumbo, chatwood, conger, bourjos, who, regardless of what their careers turned into, had trade value. A pitching staff with weaver, santana and haren, and the money to sign cj wilson. Guys like segura in the minors...

He left the team with no 2B, an aging aybar with no in house replacement. No 3B still, trumbo and morales gone (replaced by guys like ibanez, who is basically valbuena now). An old weaver, santana and haren long gone, cj wilson worthless his last two years, and ZERO in house options. 

Not to mention, 50 million a year going to pujols and hamilton.

If were comparing dipoto to eppler. And eppler leaves today, leaving the keys to somone new. Will there be even close to one bad contract eppler leaves? And he'll be leaving an upper 3rd farm. Which may or may not work out, but at least you have bargaining chips to trade off. 

Houston. The yankees. Cubs. Boston. Note the position all are in, and recognize how they got there. 

Lol (there it is). I cant believe anyone whos an angel fan that is enough of one that they come on here, would in any way say the team is worse now than it was 3 years ago...or defend dipoto.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

... make that does Seattle look better than Houston, Boston, NY, or CLEVELAND.

You can throw out the current records, Houston and Cleveland are better than Boston and the Skanks.

6 hours ago, Kevinb said:

They were up against the luxury tax and yet...

C was an inherited issue  (they didnt have a catcher save for Carlos Perez)
1st was an inherited issue (Albert Pujols)
SS was a pending FA
2B was an inherited issue (Black hole since Howie)
3B was an inherited issue (they didnt have one)
LF was an inherrited issue (they didnt have one)
SP was an inherited issue (the top 3 were Weaver, Shoemaker and Santiago)
RP was an inherited issue (they had the carcass formerly known as Huston Street and his contract)

The farm system he inherited has produced 1 SP, Barria.. 2 RP, Middleton and Anderson and a UT IF (Fletcher) in the 6 years since JD's first draft.

Edited by Inside Pitch

There's a good chance the Mariners peak at second wildcard and if we start chasing we'll be the same way. They need to clear 40-man space before they promote players who aren't on it yet. Let them work through the deadline. Maybe make a few trades that clear space, then dump others as required. The next 10 days won't kill you even if it makes you wish it did

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

The team? Yes, I agree. 

The organization as a whole? Not even close. Dipoto left the minor league system in complete shambles. Eppler has turned it around almost entirely. That's not easy to do in 3 years.

Obviously it remains to be seen what impact this will have on the big league roster, but it's better to have a good farm going forward than a shitty one.

@Kevinb, please read this post each time you think dipoto was a better gm than eppler.

7 hours ago, Kevinb said:

7 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Please read where I said I didn’t think he was better or worse.