• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where is Billy Eppler

failos

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

They were up against the luxury tax and yet...

C was an inherited issue  (they didnt have a catcher save for Carlos Perez)
1st was an inherited issue (Albert Pujols)
SS was a pending FA
2B was an inherited issue (Black hole since Howie)
3B was an inherited issue (they didnt have one)
LF was an inherrited issue (they didnt have one)
SP was an inherited issue (the top 3 were Weaver, Shoemaker and Santiago)
RP was an inherited issue (they had the carcass formerly known as Huston Street and his contract)

The farm system he inherited has produced 1 SP, Barria.. 2 RP, Middleton and Anderson and a UT IF (Fletcher) in the 6 years since JD's first draft.

Players age. And we all pretty much universally agree that Hamilton and Pujols is on Arte not Dipoto. So the 50 million argument is void. Yes both have bad signings. Eppler has rebuilt the farm which Dipoto traded away to make the MLB team better. They are two different GMs with two different styles. We don’t know what the Angels would have looked like if he would have stayed and I’m not saying again he is better or worse. But Eppler also hasn’t produced much either. We can blame Dipoto for our bad farm but Billy brought in pitchers to who have had to get TJ surgery. Dipoto left us with half of our starting rotation hopefully moving forward with those three guys Skaggs Heaney and Trop. Billy’s offense and bullpen that he built himself with the likes of Maldonado Kinsler Cozart Valbuena Marte have been gross. He “fixed” LF and he had a great win win trade with the braves with Simmons

I get that people are frustrated, I get that wins and losses are the ultimate measuring stick, but the more I read this post the more I question the critical thinking of the fanbase..   

This notion that Eppler is some dolt who has failed while Jerry is this mastermind GM because "scoreboard" is expected but also inane..   If anything the usual suspects should be rejoicing because if ever there was a season to blame the manager for stuff this might be it... 

Consider these facts.

Despite the injuries to the pitching staff the Angels team ERA ranks 5th in the AL at 3.82 -- the adjusted ERA also ranks 5th at 107.   The bane of our existence this year, the bullpen, has posted an ERA of 3.86, this despite being severely overworked.  The lauded Mariners bullpen that Jerry built has an ERA of 3.94 in 50 less innings.   Their team ERA is 4.02 and adjusted for park it's below the league average of 100.     

Offensively the Angels consistently awful offense has scored 426 runs -- only 9th best in the AL but all of 9 runs away from ranking 6th -- the Mariners BTW have scored 415 runs and rank 10th -- but sport the much better adjusted 104 OPS+ to the Angels league average 100.

So...  when reading these posts sucking JD's ass, and ripping into Eppler I can't help but hope that Billy (and whoever is managing), does in fact learn something from Dipoto and they do a better job manufacturing luck next year ... Because if the two team's respective ability to limit and score runs is any indication, it's significantly better to be lucky than good.

Edited by Inside Pitch

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

We can blame Dipoto for our bad farm but Billy brought in pitchers to who have had to get TJ surgery. Dipoto left us with half of our starting rotation hopefully moving forward with those three guys Skaggs Heaney and Trop. 

........ dipoto brought in Skaggs, Heaney and Trop....who have all had TJ.

Which pitchers did eppler bring in who have?

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

........ dipoto brought in Skaggs, Heaney and Trop....who have all had TJ.

Which pitchers did eppler bring in who have?

I can’t think of all the guys he’s brought in if they were Billy’s guys or left over people. But didn’t Meyer ? What about our opening day closer? Ramirez? 

Also are you really going to blame a GM because a player got injured? I agree blame them for sucking but an injury is out of control of the GM. Because if we want to blame the GM for it then surely we can blame Billy for all the pitching injuries and Cozart injury being under his term. Or is that not how that works?

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Did I say he was better or worse? I said the team is not the gm. Come on do better. 

You're  saying the team is worse on the field while avoiding directly saying you think EPpler is worse because of those results.

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I get that people are frustrated, I get that wins and losses are the ultimate measuring stick, but the more I read this post the more I question the critical thinking of the fanbase..   

This notion that Eppler is some dolt who has failed while Jerry is this mastermind GM because "scoreboard" is expected but also inane..   If anything the usual suspects should be rejoicing because if ever there was a season to blame the manager for stuff this might be it... 

Consider these facts.

Despite the injuries to the pitching staff the Angels team ERA ranks 5th in the AL at 3.82 -- the adjusted ERA also ranks 5th at 107.   The bane of our existence this year, the bullpen, has posted an ERA of 3.86, this despite being severely overworked.  The lauded Mariners bullpen that Jerry built has an ERA of 3.94 in 50 less innings.   Their team ERA is 4.02 and adjusted for park it's below the league average of 100.     

Offensively the Angels consistently awful offense has scored 426 runs -- only 9th best in the AL but all of 9 runs away from ranking 6th -- the Mariners BTW has scored 415 runs and rank 10th -- but sport the much better adjusted 104 OPS+ to the Angels league average 100.

So...  when reading these posts sucking JD's ass, and ripping into Eppler I can't help but hope that Billy (and whoever is managing), does in fact learn something from Dipoto and they do a better job manufacturing luck next year ... Because if the two team's respective ability to limit and score runs is any indication, it's significantly better to be lucky than good.

Where did I ever suck Jerry’s ass haha. I am merely stating Billy hasn’t don’t much. Also take Trout away from that offense and where is it? 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Players age. And we all pretty much universally agree that Hamilton and Pujols is on Arte not Dipoto. So the 50 million argument is void. 

No -- but that is a universally accepted narrative among mouth breathers.   ESPN had a front page story depicting everything Jerry did to get AP to sign -- the Hamilton deal sure, you can put that on Arte all day long but JD had his fingerprints all over the AP dealings as well as Wilson and the signing of two RP who couldnt even throw when they were signed to contracts.

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

But Eppler also hasn’t produced much either. We can blame Dipoto for our bad farm but Billy brought in pitchers to who have had to get TJ surgery

Yes he brought in JC Romero off the discard pile.   Ditto Blake Wood, and John Lamb...   Three guys picked up off waivers. Meanwhile..  Tropeano, Skaggs, Heaney, Richards, Middleton, all preceded Eppler.   You really don't have a clue, do you?

10 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Dipoto left us with half of our starting rotation hopefully moving forward with those three guys Skaggs Heaney and Trop. Billy’s offense and bullpen that he built himself with the likes of Maldonado Kinsler Cozart Valbuena Marte have been gross. He “fixed” LF and he had a great win win trade with the braves with Simmons

Hilarious that you talk up Eppler bringing in guys who had TJ then in your next breath talk up the guys JD left behind that were all still injured when Eppler took over.  

BTW -- JD inherited offenses that averaged an OPS+ of 110 his first three years -- by 2015 it was down to 97.. Thats the sort of team building he was responsible for.   The rocket scientist could have had Adam Eaton but instead he chose Hector Santiago..   

15 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Aww honey bear no need for name calling. Just differences in opinion. 

I create my opinions based upon facts I've gathered and parsing what is truth and what is just noise. You apparently like the noise. 

Just now, Blarg said:

I create my opinions based upon facts I've gathered and parsing what is truth and what is just noise. You apparently like the noise. 

Ya damn me for liking to respond to posts with my own opinions and have a conversation . Gosh how rude of me. What a horrible person I am. 

10 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I can’t think of all the guys he’s brought in if they were Billy’s guys or left over people. But didn’t Meyer ? What about our opening day closer? Ramirez? 

Also are you really going to blame a GM because a player got injured? I agree blame them for sucking but an injury is out of control of the GM. Because if we want to blame the GM for it then surely we can blame Billy for all the pitching injuries and Cozart injury being under his term. Or is that not how that works?

Meyer hasnt had TJ surgery -- but the guy he traded to get him has sported an ERA of 5.62 since the trade -- and as I said previously..  he could have had Adam Eaton instead.   Long term answer in LF and at the leadoff spot for dirt cheap but Trader Jerry went after the SP that couldnt find the strike zone..   

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

No -- but that is a universally accepted narrative among mouth breathers.   ESPN had a front page story depicting everything Jerry did to get AP to sign -- the Hamilton deal sure, you can put that on Arte all day long but JD had his fingerprints all over the AP dealings as well as Wilson and the signing of two RP who couldnt even throw when they were signed to contracts.

Yes he brought in JC Romero off the discard pile.   Ditto Blake Wood, and John Lamb...   Three guys picked up off waivers. Meanwhile..  Tropeano, Skaggs, Heaney, Richards, Middleton, all preceded Eppler.   You really don't have a clue, do you?

Hilarious that you talk up Eppler bringing in guys who had TJ then in your next breath talk up the guys JD left behind that were all still injured when Eppler took over.  

BTW -- JD inherited offenses that averaged an OPS+ of 110 his first three years -- by 2015 it was down to 97.. Thats the sort of team building he was responsible for.   The rocket scientist could have had Adam Eaton but instead he chose Hector Santiago..   

Not sure which to respond to first Albert and Hamilton is only believed that Arte brought those in by mouth breathers? Maybe just leave that one alone not sure we will agree on that one. 

2nd so he did bring in Romero? And I never blame the injuries on a gm. They have zero control of it. But I guess that’s what you’re going to hang your hat on. That the pitchers Jerry brought in got injured. Then F*ck Billy for bringing in Ohtani for getting hurt right ?

i never once blamed Billy or Jerry for injuries. Don’t know who you are responding to for that. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Where did I ever suck Jerry’s ass haha. I am merely stating Billy hasn’t don’t much. Also take Trout away from that offense and where is it? 

Are you the only one posting?   The world doesn't revolve around you.   BTW -- if you want to try the ignorant "take away Trout" argument -- then you may as well take the one Division they won under Jerry away.   Either apply your idiocy universally or not at all.

Edited by Inside Pitch

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Meyer hasnt had TJ surgery -- but the guy he traded to get him has sported an ERA of 5.62 since the trade -- and as I said previously..  he could have had Adam Eaton instead.   Long term answer in LF and at the leadoff spot for dirt cheap but Trader Jerry went after the SP that couldnt find the strike zone..   

Oh my bad then. Again never blamed injuries on GM. But we will never know what jerrys answer was. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Not sure which to respond to first Albert and Hamilton is only believed that Arte brought those in by mouth breathers? Maybe just leave that one alone not sure we will agree on that one. 

Dont respond -- youi're not up to the task.   Mouth breathers rarely are.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Are you the only one posting?   The world doesn't revolve around you.   BTW -- is you want to try the ignorant "take away Trout" argument -- then you may as well take the one Division they won under Jerry away.   Either apply your idiocy universally or not at all.

So one player equals one title the team won? Damn let’s just take away the one World Series title then. So weird. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

2nd so he did bring in Romero? And I never blame the injuries on a gm. They have zero control of it. But I guess that’s what you’re going to hang your hat on. That the pitchers Jerry brought in got injured. Then F*ck Billy for bringing in Ohtani for getting hurt right ?

i never once blamed Billy or Jerry for injuries. Don’t know who you are responding to for that. 

So what exactly was your point in bringing up that Eppler brought in guys who had TJ?  Or for singing Jerry's praises for giving us half the rotation (that all had TJ).   You can't even keep track of your own arguments -- much less take down anyone else's -- just stop.

I love what Eppler's done with the minor league system, but his moves at the major league level have been mostly bad. The team seems built to compete in 2020/1-onward but that is also dependent on most of these prospects hitting (because Eppler does such a poor job of making accretive FA moves) and Eppler not signing vets like Cozart/Valbuena/etc to impede their progress. 

Dipoto and Reagins were awful, Eppler is better but not by much. He might not even be around to actually see the team succeed in 3-4 years.