• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you think Eppler makes a run at Harper this offseason?

Chuck

Does Billy Eppler go after Bryce Harper this offseason?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Does Billy Eppler go after Bryce Harper this offseason?

2. 2. Do you want Billy Eppler to go after Bryce Harper this offseason?

Just now, BackUpTheTruck said:

I must say, if we had Trout, Ohtani, and Harper in the same lineup, we would be the talk of baseball. 

I care more about the bullpen though.  I would rather win than be talented choke artists.

Bullpen will take care of itself with the return of Shoemaker, Meyer, JC Ramirez, Middleton, Tropeano. We need a quality starting pitcher next season to replace Richards, and not just some inning eater with a high ERA and a losing record, a quality starter a true ACE. We only have Skaggs, Heaney, and Barria ATM with Pena filling in. So much for starting the season with 9 starting pitchers. We went thru them faster than I change socks.

52 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Strange thought but combining Trout and Harper would be like the pairing of Mantle and Maris. 

That said I'd rather see Trout and Adell paired up.

It comes down to money. If the money is right, id definitely consider it. Specific like your said above, it would be a legendary pairing.

I wouldnt at all be against offering a jd martinez type contract. Pay a bunch of money up front, offer an opt out after 2 years or so.

Not sure how he and trout get along. But id assume they'd both be all over it.

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Bullpen will take care of itself with the return of Shoemaker, Meyer, JC Ramirez, Middleton, Tropeano. We need a quality starting pitcher next season to replace Richards, and not just some inning eater with a high ERA and a losing record, a quality starter a true ACE. We only have Skaggs, Heaney, and Barria ATM with Pena filling in. So much for starting the season with 9 starting pitchers. We went thru them faster than I change socks.

I can’t wait to see Meyer back actually.

Anything can happen. The injuries and underperforming players and emergence of some prospects really could lead to any wild range of possibilities. Especially with Sosh and Eppler's nearing end of contracts. Could very much be a back to the drawing board off-season.

22 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Canning? Suarez? Tropeano really going to the 'pen? 

The bullpen will be fine, bit we still need the sure thing at closer.  I would much rather spend big money on Herrera than Harper.

3 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

I think the Trout extension talks get serious after Harper signs some where else.  Hopefully they can come to an agreement. 

A one year contract for Harper is risky, what happens if he has a second down season and not a rebound season? 

Then he'll have to learn to make do with the $47 mil he's already made plus the measly 8 figure deals he'd get going forward

Well Scotty ruined my night by confirming what I have been thinking for the last year or so. 

Seems like Eppler plans on competing post-Trout. I mean I can’t blame him because you can’t put all your eggs into one basket. And this franchise was a clusterfuck when he got here. I hope to god Trout buys into this shit and decides to stick around. 

5 hours ago, TroutField said:

Well Scotty ruined my night by confirming what I have been thinking for the last year or so. 

Seems like Eppler plans on competing post-Trout. I mean I can’t blame him because you can’t put all your eggs into one basket. And this franchise was a clusterfuck when he got here. I hope to god Trout buys into this shit and decides to stick around. 

Scotty isn’t capable of confirming this.  Scotty is capable of having an opinion.  Scotty’s opinion is ALWAYS slanted towards the prospect side.   So if Scotty has ruined your night (the Angels offense ruined my night) then you need to focus on other things.   Trout is here for 400 more games over 800 more days.   You’ll be dead from ruined nights by then.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Scotty isn’t capable of confirming this.  Scotty is capable of having an opinion.  Scotty’s opinion is ALWAYS slanted towards the prospect side.   So if Scotty has ruined your night (the Angels offense ruined my night) then you need to focus on other things.   Trout is here for 400 more games over 800 more days.   You’ll be dead from ruined nights by then.

Yeah I really let a baseball ruin my night... get real, dude. 

21 hours ago, Blarg said:

Strange thought but combining Trout and Harper would be like the pairing of Mantle and Maris. 

That said I'd rather see Trout and Adell paired up.

"I knew Maris and Mantle, sir, you're no Mickey Mantle or Roger Maris........." apologies to Sen, Lloyd Bentsen.

Besides, this is Anaheim, not the old Yankee Stadium. Home run hitters DIE in Anaheim.

Harper is a great OBP guy, no doubt. But he's all about the HR, with his .277 lifetime BA, that figures to go even lower this year.

Really, even in terms of HRs, he has exceeded 30 HRs only ONCE in his six previous full years. That was his career year when he hit 42. He may exceed 30 this year, but he may not, with that continuing .215 AVG..

Pass.

Besides, we couldnt afford the contracts of Trout AND Albert AND Harper AND Upton AND Calhoun. Calhoun's trade value is lower than ever.Too much money tied up in things that will prevent us from working on our REAL needs;  pitching. Oh, and a catcher at least as good as Maldonado.