• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you think Eppler makes a run at Harper this offseason?

Chuck

Does Billy Eppler go after Bryce Harper this offseason?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Does Billy Eppler go after Bryce Harper this offseason?

2. 2. Do you want Billy Eppler to go after Bryce Harper this offseason?

Our payroll from a yearly standpoint this year was close to bring maxed out. We're sitting pretty from a luxury tax standpoint, but there isn't a ton of money coming off the books this year, so I don't think Harper is an option.

In fact, if I didn't know better, Eppler is trying to prepare this team to compete post-Trout. There are only three outfield positions, and our past few drafts, we've specifically focused on athletic OF with huge upside at the top of the draft. Jahmai Jones, Brandon Marsh, Jo Adell, Jordyn Adams, and then internationally they targeted Deveaux, Knowles and Uceta.

I think they're preparing for life after Trout.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

no harper = another year of calhoun in RF.

worth considering.

Before the season, Harper's contract was predicted to surpass $400M. I'm sure his underwhelming performance this year decreases that, but not significantly. I'd be hesitant to give him $200M for 7+ years, since we want to be able to resign Trout in a few years.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Before the season, Harper's contract was predicted to surpass $400M. I'm sure his underwhelming performance this year decreases that, but not significantly. I'd be hesitant to give him $200M for 7+ years, since we want to be able to resign Trout in a few years.

oh absolutely agree. i don't know what the magic number would be to get him here, but it's certainly worth a phone call or two.i think you have to talk to trout, also.

4 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Our payroll from a yearly standpoint this year was close to bring maxed out. We're sitting pretty from a luxury tax standpoint, but there isn't a ton of money coming off the books this year, so I don't think Harper is an option.

In fact, if I didn't know better, Eppler is trying to prepare this team to compete post-Trout. There are only three outfield positions, and our past few drafts, we've specifically focused on athletic OF with huge upside at the top of the draft. Jahmai Jones, Brandon Marsh, Jo Adell, Jordyn Adams, and then internationally they targeted Deveaux, Knowles and Uceta.

I think they're preparing for life after Trout.

I'm think they're preparing to beat the shift. These are players that can hit those doubles and home runs but can also take a walk or beat out a bunt, steal second then score on a single. The antithesis of all that was mentioned in the article about not beating the shift. We have the privilege of watching our front office lead the way into 21st century baseball. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

6 minutes ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

Arte still feeling the burn of the Hamilton contract. So no way.

See this is a bad comp.  I get what you’re saying but aside from spending lots of money on a RF Harper is a lot different then the coke head.  For starters the Angels don’t need to make sure they have a Jesus friend baby sitter around all the time for Harper.  

Much younger, way less baggage.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I think first Eppler needs to get Trout to sign a extension in the off season. If Trout is set on testing the FA market then kick the tires on Harper. I don’t think the Angels can afford Trout and Harper. 

Plan on AP being around until Trout’s current contract runs its course.