• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you think Eppler makes a run at Harper this offseason?

Chuck

Does Billy Eppler go after Bryce Harper this offseason?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Does Billy Eppler go after Bryce Harper this offseason?

2. 2. Do you want Billy Eppler to go after Bryce Harper this offseason?

Don't know if they should or shouldn't, but would love to see Harper hitting behind Trout with a legitimate leadoff hitter ahead of Trout.  Here's one view:  If you have the hardest part of the lineup secured for the next 7-8 years (including 2/3 of the OF), it becomes easier to deal high end prospects (especially OF'ers) to other teams for their front of the rotation type pitchers in the major or minor leagues (TB for Archer or Blake Snell, NY for deGrom, etc., or high end pitching prospects).  Not saying I advocate for it, just that I could see the rationale.

If Ohtani can’t pitch next season ( probable) then he becomes the regular DH. It won’t be necessary to only have him hit 3-4 times a week. That makes  it less necessary to add a big left handed bat. Harper will be way too expensive and I doubt he would want share the limelight with Trout and Ohtani. I hope Eppler can spend the money on a true leadoff hitter and some decent pitching. 

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Besides, we couldnt afford the contracts of Trout AND Albert AND Harper AND Upton AND Calhoun. Calhoun's trade value is lower than ever.Too much money tied up in things that will prevent us from working on our REAL needs;  pitching. Oh, and a catcher at least as good as Maldonado.

While i agree its not realistic, calhoun will be off the books soon, and I suspect pujols has two years at most left.

Upton is obviously here long hall.

But assuming harper gets roughly 30 aav and trout does as well, it is doable...just might not be smart.

I honestly would kick the tires on a short term overpay. Tons up front, player opt out after two years. By then adell will be ready.

1 hour ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Kole Calhoun has had 76 at bats since he has returned.  He is hitting .276 with 7 home runs.  That's roughly one home run every 11 at bats. His OBP is over .300.

We owe him 10.5 million next year.  If Kole can play well the rest of 2018, I think right field should not be addressed in the off-season. 

Blash and Hermosillo should be given opportunity this year to prove if they can be a fourth outfielder.

Your 4th outfielder has to be able to play all 3 positions. Blash in CF would be a nightmare even if just one day a month.