• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Blame Game of 2018

Torridd

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Yes, and hes not this year, you werent expecting him to be much better were you?  i wasnt. 

I think we were all expecting more out of Albert this year... perhaps optimistically. Most all of the gain he's seen in WAR this year over last is a result of him primarily playing first base instead of DH.

Just now, GrittyVeterans said:

Where was Pujols batting when Ohtani actually WAS smashing the ball?

I'll take your answer off the air

Your still bitching when the guys on the DL.  My comment was in reference to today's comment.

How far back are we supposed to go in order for us to justify our bullshit comments?

8 hours ago, floplag said:

Ultimately, for me, its the front office.  Bad bullpen, not getting a legit hitter for 1B and the lack of a proper 4th OF.  

To be fair, its not so much a 4th OF thats killed us as much as the 3rd OF...Calhoun was supposed to be a big part of this lineup. I mentioned it 2 years back how thats a problem...calhoun (until this year) was a nice compliment bat, not one you rely on for MOTO. But with what weve rolled out at almost every other position we were kind of screwed.

As far as a bat for 1B, we got ohtani. Got screwed on that one.

Bullpen i fully agree.

6 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

We needed a LF, 2B, 3B, SP, and RP this offseason. And we needed to get them without dipping into the farm. Eppler gets Upton, Kinsler, Cozart, and Ohtani. All without dealing a decent prospect.

What would you armchair GMs have done differently? I think many underestimate how deep of a hole we were in.

I would have signed at least one pen arm. Other than that, I agree.

In defense of the FO, i think (and it would be reasonable) that they werent going to spend a ton until we knew what we had in our SP. After the previous 3 years, i think we all kind of expected one or two of richards/skaggs/heaney to have problems.

Now that they seem healthy, this winter they NEED to open the wallet, and be open to trading prospects (for the right deals).

11 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

It's not a personal insult, it's a fact that your spelling is damn near unreadable. 

I had to ignore that guy because I feel like my brain will explode trying to decipher what he's writing. 30 something year old writing at a 3rd grade level.

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I would have signed at least one pen arm. Other than that, I agree.

In defense of the FO, i think (and it would be reasonable) that they werent going to spend a ton until we knew what we had in our SP. After the previous 3 years, i think we all kind of expected one or two of richards/skaggs/heaney to have problems.

Now that they seem healthy, this winter they NEED to open the wallet, and be open to trading prospects (for the right deals).

I’m with you. I’ll be the first to say I advocated for Holland—which would have been a disaster. It was obvious that the pen was a problem, but if the purse strings are closed how do you improve it?

if I’m Eppler, RP is the toughest to predict, so why not try to fill the other holes and hope you hit on a couple arms. In hindsight it has cost us big time but I don’t fault the approach.

I agree that SP has emerged as a strength. But with Ohtani likely out and Richards likely gone, we will need to  fill a couple spots. We also have 3b and RF to take a long, hard look at.

This offseason is pivotal. 

1 minute ago, Turd Ferguson said:

I’m with you. I’ll be the first to say I advocated for Holland—which would have been a disaster. It was obvious that the pen was a problem, but if the purse strings are closed how do you improve it?

if I’m Eppler, RP is the toughest to predict, so why not try to fill the other holes and hope you got on a couple arms. In hindsight it has cost us big time but I don’t fault the approach.

I agree that SP has emerged as a strength. But with Ohtani likely out and Richards likely gone, we will need to fill a couple spots. We also have 3b and RF to take a long, hard look at.

This offseason is pivotal. 

I still say trade for moustakas now. Cost shouldnt be bad, and lets us see how he jives with the team. Im not sure how far off or how realistic Ward at 3B is, but i figure if its a worry he gets blocked, Moustakas can always move to 1B in 2 years or so.

RP will be a must this winter, no way around it.

Id love to land machado or harper, but i think using the money to fix multiple problems is the best bet. 

RF is sadly a whole other issue. 

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think we were all expecting more out of Albert this year... perhaps optimistically. Most all of the gain he's seen in WAR this year over last is a result of him primarily playing first base instead of DH.

i was hoping for more, but not expecting it.

18 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Beware of Moose though, his OPS since May 1 is only around .660. 

Was just looking at that.

It 'could' be a situation where hes over being there, and maybe a change of scenery wakes him up. But i think worst case scenario, if he just isnt all that good...if rather know that first hand and have him out of the plans in 3 months than wonder and sign him this winter.

Id gladly have given up a not gonna miss him prospect to figure out cozart wasnt gonna repeat 2017 here....

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was just looking at that.

It 'could' be a situation where hes over being there, and maybe a change of scenery wakes him up. But i think worst case scenario, if he just isnt all that good...if rather know that first hand and have him out of the plans in 3 months than wonder and sign him this winter.

Id gladly have given up a not gonna miss him prospect to figure out cozart wasnt gonna repeat 2017 here....

He's been bad his whole career... what do you think is more likely?

18 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He's been bad his whole career... what do you think is more likely?

He's basically had two nice seasons (2015-2017) and one nice April in 2018.    Otherwise, he's a 0-1 WAR player. 

One could say that he showed signs of being more consistent from 2015-2017.   But there's the .660 OPS since May 1.