• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This season sucks so far

I was looking up some things tonight and it isn’t about the blown saves as much as it is if the game is close the bullpen shits the bed.  Tie game, shit the bed, down a run, shit the bed and no longer down only one run.  We have 15 blown saves in 14 games and we have lost 9 of those games.  It seriously feels a lot worse than that.  The offense goes to sleep for days.  Valbuena sucks, RF sucks (even though CY has played better of late), Kinsler sucked for the first 6 weeks.  Ohtani hurt, Richards hurt, Middleton hurt, Simmons was hurt.  Healthy Albert is very similar to injured Albert.  Were somewhere between bad and mediocre.  

Remember how some of the Vlad teams were "Vlad and a bunch of scrubs?" 

Vlad's 2005 was the peak of that. His 5.3 fWAR represented 27% of the team offensive WAR. 

Trout is at 6.2 this year out of the team's 12.9, including today. Yes, that's 48% of the team's total. 

I could argue that WAR undervalued Vlad a bit given his unique skill set. But it can't explain away that kind of Grand Canyon-esque chasm. 

It's not 100% the bullpen. They also have some terrible performers on offense and in the field that just need to go. Multiple guys putting up below replacement level production while playing everyday. It's trash.

I cannot wait until we have young players that can come up and play at the MLB level so we don't have to overpay for mediocrity or flat out bad players anymore

4 minutes ago, 101halo said:

Remember how some of the Vlad teams were "Vlad and a bunch of scrubs?" 

Vlad's 2005 was the peak of that. His 5.3 fWAR represented 27% of the team offensive WAR. 

Trout is at 6.2 this year out of the team's 12.9, including today. Yes, that's 48% of the team's total. 

I could argue that WAR undervalued Vlad a bit given his unique skill set. But it can't explain away that kind of Grand Canyon-esque chasm. 

Props for using chasm on a message board.

19 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I was looking up some things tonight and it isn’t about the blown saves as much as it is if the game is close the bullpen shits the bed.  Tie game, shit the bed, down a run, shit the bed and no longer down only one run.  We have 15 blown saves in 14 games and we have lost 9 of those games. 

That's awful. 10 blown saves (exactly middle of the pack) with the same rate of losses and we're 3 games better. Then throw in all the games where they came in and turned a small deficit into a large one, or came into a tie game and blew it, and you can probably add another 3 games. 

It's the bullpen. 

The problem is the bullpen won't be cheap to fix. I don't think we have many guys close to the Majors for those roles. And I'm honestly not sure how many guys in the current group you even bring back for next year...Anderson for sure, Parker maybe, hope Middleton gets healthy at some point next year, maybe Alvarez? The rest of them are probably non-tender candidates at this point.

Going to have to spend some money on it this coming offseason

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I feel like I'm going insane.  Repeating the same thing over and over about how bad the bullpen has been.  I just can't believe this was allowed to happen for a team that is supposed to contend.  It seemed so obvious.  

Well, the bullpen wouldn't be so obviously bad if they weren't pitching in the 5th fucking inning!

Ok, not every game but too damn many.

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I feel like I'm going insane.  Repeating the same thing over and over about how bad the bullpen has been.  I just can't believe this was allowed to happen for a team that is supposed to contend.  It seemed so obvious.  

It was obvious. Any fan with half a brain was screaming that they didn’t add to the bullpen other than Jim Johnson? Why does this team think Bedrosian is worth a shit? If Anderson didn’t step up like he has we would be even more f’d. 

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I don't feel like anybody thought the bullpen was an offseason need, though, with a few exceptions*.

*Exceptions being basically everybody on this board. We all agree on something almost never. This was one of those "almost nevers."