• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

• 4 weeks later...

Was looking up something about Guinness.  Has anyone ever tried this method of drinking it?  It's the first time I've ever heard of a half and half in this fashion.

Answers

Relevance

dd1727ddf79dcbdffd4216d534d57617_96.jpeg
 Best Answer:  First things first... ALWAYS POUR YOUR BEER! Only neanderthals drink it from the bottle/can. Pouring stimulates carbonation, releases aroma and generates head... head protect the flavor from oxidation. 

The proper way to drink a Guinness is a half 'n half: 

Since most of us are fortunate to have a tap at home... let alone two the draught can is fine. 

Chill half your cans in the fridge and set out the other half on the counter. 

Set your pint glass out on the counter top as well... and leave it there. There is nothing worse than a frosted mug. Why would you want to water down your beer? 

Now, The pour! You will need to cans, one chilled, room temp. 

Leave the glass on the counter! At a medium slow pass pour the chilled can until half the glass is full of beer... don't worry about the head at this point... you're going to let it settle. 

Once this is done open and pour the "warm" can to fill the remainder of the glass... 

Sit back and enjoy. 

Wiki: 

"What Diageo (the head brewer) calls the "perfect pint" of Draught Guinness is the product of a lengthy "double pour", which according to the company should take 119.5 seconds. Guinness has promoted this wait with advertising campaigns such as "good things come to those who wait". 

"In Ireland, a traditional Half and Half consists of half warm or room temperature Guinness and half chilled Guinness. In the early days, refrigeration was of course unavailable. As refrigeration came into existence in the 20th century, it was found that a mixture of the two temperatures created the perfect drinking temperature for Guinness. Most Guinness poured in Ireland is served at about this temperature, roughly 44 degrees Fahrenheit (6° Celsius). In the United States, Half and Half consists of Harp (NOT Harp's or Harps) Lager topped with Guinness. Half and half implies that both ales come from the Guinness Brewery."

Was looking up something about Guinness.  Has anyone ever tried this method of drinking it?  It's the first time I've ever heard of a half and half in this fashion.

The 119.5 second pour is an old wives tale...even if it's promoted by Guiness. It doesn't change the flavor, though it may increase the mouthfeel, giving it more of a creamy texture. It certainly increases the drama of the pint.

Haven't tried the half and half...but as someone mentions in this thread there are so many fantastic stouts made locally nowadays that blow away an import.

Guiness is a significantly different beer in Ireland, hell, in Dublin it's a different beer than in Cork.It does not travel well.

Odd but true...second best place outside of Ireland to drink a Guiness...Thailand. They brew it in Thailand for the Asian market.

It's also only 120 some odd calories per 12oz.

Guiness is okay.

I had my first taste of Bourbon-Barrel Aged beer last night, and it was amazing.  Expensive, but worth it.  This one (Dark Star Bourbon Barrel Aged Oatmeal Stout) tasted like chocolate, vanilla, and especially BOURBON.  Something I'll treat myself to a few times a year, I think.  

143754.jpg

Man that sounds awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Barrel Aged beer is a very expensive hobby. But damn it's so good.

I went to Ballast Point's Old Grove tasting room this weekend and was impressed. I've had many of their brews but they had way more than I thought they would have. The rum barrel aged Calico Amber was outstanding. I enjoyed some of their distilled spirits as well. Especially the barrel aged gin.

• 4 weeks later...

Hot Damn!, st1ckboy, James, Brandon, whomever,

Once I get my new job (currently unemployed) I'd be totally up for a trade. Not sure if you guys have heard of Trillium brewing but they are making some huge waves on the east coast here, particularly with their IPA's. I'll definitely be down for some trades later on once I get settled in at my new job. I'm now 45 minutes from Boston so I can make a trip down there pretty easily. Hit me up if you want to trade in the future. I'll definitely let you know when I'm financially able to do so (money has been tight as shit for about a year now). I also have access to Maine Beer Co. and Element. Heady Topper is extremely hard to get a hold of now since they closed the cannery so I'm not sure if I can get that but there's plenty of great shit out here that would be worth your while.

Once I get my new job (currently unemployed) I'd be totally up for a trade. Not sure if you guys have heard of Trillium brewing but they are making some huge waves on the east coast here, particularly with their IPA's. I'll definitely be down for some trades later on once I get settled in at my new job. I'm now 45 minutes from Boston so I can make a trip down there pretty easily. Hit me up if you want to trade in the future. I'll definitely let you know when I'm financially able to do so (money has been tight as shit for about a year now). I also have access to Maine Beer Co. and Element. Heady Topper is extremely hard to get a hold of now since they closed the cannery so I'm not sure if I can get that but there's plenty of great shit out here that would be worth your while.

I'm ready whenever you are

I'm down.

• 2 weeks later...

Boulevard Love Child. Great sour for only $20....more smooth than tart.

I remember many years ago Boulevard was just a KC/Midwest alternative to Bud Light and it's came along pretty well getting good marks. This gem is 96 on Beer Advocate

• 9 months later...