• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

• 8 months later...
35 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

They really should can that. The trend is 16 oz cans, especially for hoppy beer. I guarantee if they canned it and sold it in 4-packs they would sell it twice as fast. 

They have no issue in selling Pliney right now. I a few trips a year past Santa Rosa, we always try and stop at the brewery. More than once they've been sold out and it's usually a 30-60 minute wait to be able to buy the to go case.

We usually grab 1-2 cases of Pliney and as much Blind Pig (currently limit is 6 bottles per person) as they'll allow.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm not saying they have any issues selling it as it is, but canning is generally easier/better on the environment. So they could significantly increase their output and sell it out just as easily. 

Probably depends on their current production line. Different equipment required for canning than bottling. They also do a large number of beers that I'm not sure would work in a can. Don't know if that is a limit.

I know The Alchemist Brewery in Vermont (Heady Topper is generally considered one of the best beers in America, similar to Pliney) cans their beer, but most of what they brew is similar in style. 

1 minute ago, Aaronkv said:

Maybe their new brewery will have a canning line. Canned Blind Pig would be amazing. Pliny is great and all but there's so many IPAs that blow it away these days, I'd never turn one down though.

I agree, I enjoy Blind Pig more than Pliney. I'll give away a Pliney or two, but I have to really like someone to share a Blind Pig with them.

They wouldn't need to completely disregard their bottling line. The bottled sours will be just as big of a deal. But tons of breweries do this. Trillium in Boston has a huge canning line for their IPA's and stouts, then a pretty big bottling line for their sours and other special releases. Even the Alchemist has a bottling line for their one sour beer. 

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

They wouldn't need to completely disregard their bottling line. The bottled sours will be just as big of a deal. But tons of breweries do this. Trillium in Boston has a huge canning line for their IPA's and stouts, then a pretty big bottling line for their sours and other special releases. Even the Alchemist has a bottling line for their one sour beer. 

Is the Alchemist doing a sour now? It's been years since I visited their brewery, luckily we went about 2 weeks before they stopped allowing you to buy directly at the brewery because of neighbor complaints. i wonder if that is still the case.

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

Is the Alchemist doing a sour now? It's been years since I visited their brewery, luckily we went about 2 weeks before they stopped allowing you to buy directly at the brewery because of neighbor complaints. i wonder if that is still the case.

They have a whole new facility in Stowe that opened up over the summer. Heady Topper, Focal Banger, and a rotating series of other beers are available for purchase every day. Most of the other beers are from way, way back when they were just a brewpub. 

Just had supplication today at the brewery.  They do outstanding sours, never had a bad one. They were selling a big bottle of supplication, like a 3 liter size or something for $100. Saw a dude walk out with two of em.

Red, i agree about blind pig, its excellent and very underrated.  Everyone always talks up elder, which is great, but BP is as good or better.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I just haven't acquired the taste for IPA.  I've had pliny in a bottle and on tap, I can't say I like it any more than I like a Dogfish Head 90.  

It has a time and place. I prefer it when it's hot out. I discovered a white IPA by Deschutes called Chainbreaker that I found to be a good mix of IPA and belgian White ale

Keep trying, you'll acquire!