• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

19 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Also where in HB?  I went to Four Sons probably 4 years ago and it was pretty cool.  Since then I've seen their beers at more restaurants/stores but it seems like the prices crept up a bit.  

It is right around the corner from Four Son’s is my understanding.  I was talking to Pat (my buddy) and asked him about Four Sons and he said it was only a two minute walk.  Flashpoint is in the construction stages after getting past a lot of the other pre-construction stages with permits and city approval and such.  The brew kettles are on site, but they still need to build the walk in as well as the bar.  Pat is a perfectionist and will make some great beers.  I’ve had quite a few of his beers with my preference being his ESB.  He also makes an incredible Hazy IPA.  He says they will eventually get up to 20 on tap.  My guess is he will start with 10-12.  

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Makes sense as that's one of the industrial areas in HB that comes to mind where I could see a brewery going in and the rent wouldn't be downtown ridiculous. Thanks for the info.   

I’ll post here again when it opens.  

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

Beachwood is right in that area as well

After we left Four Sons that night we tried going to another brewery that was further north on Gothard near Talbert but it was closed for the night.  Not sure if that's the same one as there's more breweries all over but both of those being there was news to me when I first went.  

The hour restrictions wouldn't surprise me at all given it's an industrial area.  We were just surprised leaving one that was open and going to another one down the street that was pitch black and looked like it had been closed for an hour.  That main street there is pretty quiet and dark at night while it's industrial then house/townhouse communities so it's probably best they aren't serving beer until late at night with people possibly driving home.   

28 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Dope. Definitely keep us updated. I laid off the beer after I noticed I was exponentially getting fat, but after quite a few years have been hitting up Board and Brews which gets nice beers on the reg.

They also make great sandwiches. 

19 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Not sure how long the one down the street has been there but started going maybe 6 months ago.  Really good sandwiches, wraps and they always have a few beers on tap that I want to get to but I usually just order one.

Next time get two, and just tell yourself the second one is for me. 

16 hours ago, Hot Damn! said:

Board and Brew is good stuff. I think the Tustin one has the best tap list. 

Yeah, it’s right next to my place and people come in from out of town and say this location is the best one. The dudes that run the show there are always bringing good beers and having reps come in that want to push new beers.

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, it’s right next to my place and people come in from out of town and say this location is the best one. The dudes that run the show there are always bringing good beers and having reps come in that want to push new beers.

Also the burger on the food truck at the Taps tasting room in Tustin is the shit. 

Every time we hit that Whole Foods or the little food court in the parking lot we poke our heads into the dubliner to see if you are there. 

13 hours ago, Hot Damn! said:

Also the burger on the food truck at the Taps tasting room in Tustin is the shit. 

Every time we hit that Whole Foods or the little food court in the parking lot we poke our heads into the dubliner to see if you are there. 

Nice. I finally visited that Taps tasting room for the first time a couple weeks ago.

Hit me up when you’re in the area and we can grab a beer.