• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

pliny the younger on tap in the these parts if you can find it.

i haven't had any this year, but using the app Taplist i was able to snag some last year.

I was in that neck of the woods last Saturday, and stopped at RR after their 2-week session ended on Friday.  Standing in line, I hear the bouncer guy saying they still had 4.5 kegs left over and they were still serving it. I was stoked to say the least.  Stood in line for 35 mins. instead of the normal 3-6 hours (not like I would have, I love beer but come on).

It was fantastic, and I had too many.  Yes the 3 beer limit was in place but the bartender was hooking me up.

It is ridiculous to wait in line for hours for an eight ounce glass of pliny, which 99.999% of beer drinkers wouldn't be able to differentiate from a good Stone IPA.

two words: scarcity marketing.

it is damn good though. but yeah i would never wait in a line for multiple hours for a beer.

Edited by mrwicked

Just curious, but what would those beers be?

It's not really a fair comparison because I'm not a huge fan of triple IPAs. I feel like they have an underlying sweetness that comes across as chalky tasting like those Valentine's day hearts.

I mostly stuck to pale ales, IPAs, and DIPAs. My favorite right now is the Enjoy By series from Stone. That one varies from batch to batch but only varies from very good to great. Although, I think Younger varies from year to year as well.

I am also really enjoying El Segundo's Hammerland DIPA at the moment.

It's not really a fair comparison because I'm not a huge fan of triple IPAs. I feel like they have an underlying sweetness that comes across as chalky tasting like those Valentine's day hearts.

I mostly stuck to pale ales, IPAs, and DIPAs. My favorite right now is the Enjoy By series from Stone. That one varies from batch to batch but only varies from very good to great. Although, I think Younger varies from year to year as well.

I am also really enjoying El Segundo's Hammerland DIPA at the moment.

Didn't pick up any chalky taste from it, just big and well balanced, to me anyways.

Yeah, I too like the Enjoy By series. Really liked their 4/20 release last year, had that "dankness" taste to it you don't often see.  The closest I've had to Younger, other than Elder, is Sculpin, because of the heavy citrus and piney notes. 

I'll have to look for Hammerland and give it a go sometime.