• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Really great tasting glasses at Hess? We went on Sunday and they were pouring into little plastic cups like you'd get a Jell-O shot in. Wasn't really impressed with any of their beers.

Societe was cool. Wish they had more of their beers available. Did see yesterday that the Pupil is back.

That sucks. When we went we did the flight which was 5 pours for $15 and that included a branded snifter. I'm not sure the size of it but it was perfect for my purposes. It was bigger than the small ones I see at most places (4 or 5 oz) so you have to keep refilling but not so big that if you split a bomber with a few buddies all you have is a puddle at the bottom.

That being said, none of their beers impressed me enough to go back even though I was in the area.

Went to St. Archer and Rough Draft. I was far more impressed with Rough Draft. I did enjoy the coffee brown from St. Archer but nothing else was more worthy. 

Anyone going to Firestone Walker this weekend?

I went to FWIBF this past weekend.

It was rad.

The weather was SO much better than last year!  And, they had bottles of their 3 Floyds/Firestone Walker beer that was at the event last year in bottles.  I'll be doing a blog post with photos this week.

: )

The event was great and very well organized for its size. 

I picked up 3 of the bottles on Saturday before the fest. I wish I would have tried it first. I thought it was one of the most disappointing beers I had. I am just not a huge fan of hoppy barley wines I guess. Almost everything else I had was delicious.

Very excited to see the new Bruery project. I highly prefer the sours they brew already. Not great news for another brewery opening up soon in Anaheim who is focusing on sours as well.

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/bruery-launches-spin-brand-bruery-terreux/

Picked up tickets to the Full Pint Anniversary down at Toronado. Line up is looking really good.

Just came back from Reykjavik - they sell this weak 2.5% beer at all the supermarkets - there is only one state owned liquor store in the center of town, closed on Sundays.

The bars otherwise have good beer, stay open until about 7AM on weekends,

Was the beer called Cjooyrs Lhiyht abd taste as cold as the glaciers?

I knew the Bruery was separating the sour and non sour production after all the recent infections. Didn't know they were making a whole new brand/tasting room. Glad about the Tasting room, it's way too small for their popularity.

Can't wait to hear what they're going to do with their societies, keep it the same or have the option to do just sours or non sours.

I like all the Black Tuesday Variants and their sours, I'd probably stay with both. Grey Monday this month killed the wallet.

No doubt the infections forced this. I heard they had a new location but was unaware of new branding being considered. Beachwood doing the Same too. They are opening à new location just for barrel aged beers.

Edited by James

Very excited to see the new Bruery project. I highly prefer the sours they brew already. Not great news for another brewery opening up soon in Anaheim who is focusing on sours as well.

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/bruery-launches-spin-brand-bruery-terreux/

Picked up tickets to the Full Pint Anniversary down at Toronado. Line up is looking really good.

Can't wait for the Full Pint Anniversary at Toronado, one of my favorite spots!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dude at a place I frequent gave me two cans of Yuenglings to try. They don't sell it past Pennsylvania and he brought some back. I guess it's the oldest brewery in the United States and is their Bud, Miller, Coors. It's pretty damn good for an American lager. Not too heavy or carbonated and has a nice lager finish.

Dude at a place I frequent gave me two cans of Yuenglings to try. They don't sell it past Pennsylvania and he brought some back. I guess it's the oldest brewery in the United States and is their Bud, Miller, Coors. It's pretty damn good for an American lager. Not too heavy or carbonated and has a nice lager finish.

I used to work summers in DC when I was in college. This was before craft really took off in that area. Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada were about all you could get at most bars there. I drank a lot of Yuengling since it was decent and I couldn't get it at home. A lot of it is the novelty but it was still a pretty good beer for what it was.

Anyone know of the beers available in knothole club? Anything good?

Last time I went, they had Bootlegger's Palomino Pale Ale, but that was last year.  Not sure what else they have, but I'd assume they have a bigger selection since this season they added more breweries to the stadium.

You should go and report back!  : )