• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

I am enjoying Simcoe Showers. Noble keeps on doing some good things

Picked up a couple bottles of this today. Maybe a notch below the Citra, and Nelson but a very good beer. If they start making these on a consistent basis, and allow growler fills I will be making a treck up to Noble often.

How much were the craft beers? Also, I'm assuming they just had standard ipa's for all? Like, no Mathilda or Sofie for Goose Island and just their standard ipa?

No idea which beer they had from Goose Island, here's the picture I took last night.  

The breweries available at Draft Pick include:  Stone Brewing, Saint Archer, Hangar 24, Golden Road, Karl Strauss, Rough Draft, Firestone Walker, New Belgium, Ballast Point, Bootlegger's, Goose Island, and Kona.

Twice as many breweries at Draft Pick versus last year, several breweries had multiple beers which is rad.

post-1633-0-84365500-1396406041_thumb.jp

Doing a Lagunitas, Russian River, and Bear Republic run in mid may. Can't wait.

I just did this trip last weekend. It was a really good time, drive wasn't bad at all either.

I left Friday morning and came back Sunday night.

Drakes, The Rare Barrel, and Lagunitas the first day. If I had to do it again I'd probably skip Drakes and go to the Trappist or the Sierra Nevada Torpedo room.

Russian River when they opened Saturday, best idea ever. Had a line within 30 minutes of opening. Bear Republic, then drove down to Sante Adairius Rustic Ales, beer was great and was able to bring some bottles home.

Sunday drove down to Firestone Barrelworks in Buellton. Planned on staying about 2 hours, stayed about 4. Really enjoyed it there. Sours were great!

All in all came home with 3 cases of beer, very expensive trip. Had a few trades lined up too. Glad Barrelworks had some Feral One left, and glad I was able to buy my stock of Parabola no problem. Might drive back up for the release of their 2nd sour or Stickee Monkee.

That I do not know.

I am going to look through all the beers I tried out in europe and see if I can mimic one of my favs.

Suggestions for first batch for first timer?

I suggest you check out this thread!

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/8642-homebrewing/page-4#entry267881

I would start out with something fairly straight forward your first time. Maybe an amber, stout, or pale ale. Something that helps you get your feet wet. I've found the biggest thing is writing down all the steps so you aren't thinking through it. I have a countdown sheet. Start at 60 minutes, do this step. Set timer for 30 minutes, do next step(s). Set timer for 15 minutes, do next steps, 5 minutes, 1 minute etc. etc.

Fishermans is too touristy. I would hit Mikkeler, Magnolia, city Beer Store and Cellarmaker. Zeitgeist is cool If it is a nice day and you can Sit outside. If you have time go ti Alameda and hit Faction. The view of the city is worth the visit alone.

Fishermans is too touristy. I would hit Mikkeler, Magnolia, city Beer Store and Cellarmaker. Zeitgeist is cool If it is a nice day and you can Sit outside. If you have time go ti Alameda and hit Faction. The view of the city is worth the visit alone.

Thanks