• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Anyone here on the East Coast interested in a trade? I am looking for Nugget Nectar. My east coast connection just had a newborn so his ability to run to the store when something comes out is limited.

I would if I could find it anywhere. I want to try it as well.

James, or anyone else...

How was the Pliny the younger release? How was the wait?

Pliny is very good this year. I talked with Vinnie for quite a bit, mostly about other things but he did mention the use of centennial and a dry hop with citra, among others, which created a little more fruity of a beer. I talked to him more about his Wild Friendship Collab with Cantillion and Allagash. That beer is only being released overseas but they Cantillion is sending some back to each brewery and they are talking about each making a variant and releasing at the same exact moment at each brewery. Should be cool.

I started my trip on Thursday and headed back to Drakes. Ran into a LA local beer blogger and photographer so we spent the afternoon chatting it up and getting a private tour of their facilities. We then headed over to Faction Brewery. They started operation in October and have a loyal following. They are located at the end of Alameda and have a sick view of the SF skyline. After talking to the people there and enjoying their lineup we headed up to Santa Rosa. After checking in we went over to Russian River and it was packed. Luckily we all got seats at the bar pretty quickly. I crushed a ton of Elder, Pig, Happy Hops and Dribble Belt. We decided to crash out for a few hours and got up and walked the half mile from our hotel to get in line at 3:15 AM. It rained for about 45 minutes but we had cover and it then stopped until the employees showed up and set up tents along the sidewalk. The doors opened at 10:15 AM and we got a nice high table in the front by the bar. It was a great time and I met quite a few new friends that day. I took down 7 Youngers and countless other pints including a flight of all RR beers. He brought out a 2010 Supplication that was just unreal, as well as Beatification. I left about 8:30 PM and hit up a random bar for some Apex and Moonlight Brewery before heading back to the hotel.

On Saturday we got up early and headed to the DIPA fest in Hayward. This was one of the best beer events I have been to. It was cool because anyone was allowed inside even if you weren't drinking. They had about 120 DIPA and XXXIPA from mostly the west coast. Everyone ran for Younger so I was able to hit quite a few more. My buddy was pouring so it became a shit show. The manager of Triple Rock Brewery in Berkeley started chatting it up with us as well. Ran into Julian from Beachwood, Robb from El Segundo and Porter from Smog. We ended up over at Triple Rock and crushed well into the evening. The night ended with a flight back in Santa Rosa at Third Street and Fogbelt.

The following day we started off at 21A for brunch. Smog was there so Porter picked up the tab since it was my birthday. We all then went over and supported Beachwood at City Beer Store. I had four variants of Saison from White Labs that were stellar. While hanging there I ran into a homebrewer from OC so we chatted it up a bit, really cool guy and looking forward to trying his beers soon and talking more to him about possibilities of starting up a brewery. From there it was a quick walk over to Cellarmaker. This brand new brewery is unreal. We hung there for a bit and I parted ways to go over to Berkeley and Beer Revolution for there 2 Hop takeover followed by Firestone takeover. 2 hop was solid as Alpine, Kern, Triple Rock and others all made a beer for it. When Firestone took over at 5 they put on a keg of Agrestic. I guess from what he said there are only 5 existing kegs and this sour absolutely killed. From there we headed back to Triple Rock for their Sour Fest. The night ended at Lagunitas for a few pints of SF Fusion, Sucks and their Nelson. Headed home in the Monday morning with more beer than I know what to do with. Just going to get worse as my buddy from Oakland who we spent most of the weekend with is heading down to SD this weekend.

Walked into my local BevMo to see if they got their first shipment of Drakes Hopocalypse. Walked out with 2 4 packs of Bourbon County Barleywine. Was not expecting to see them at all. I was happy getting the Regular on Black Friday.

I know they've been randomly showing up but haven't heard of it anytime recently. Now that just needs to happen for the Coffee Stout Variant.

Anyone going to try and head to El Cerrito this Sunday for Remy's Pappy?

Walked into my local BevMo to see if they got their first shipment of Drakes Hopocalypse. Walked out with 2 4 packs of Bourbon County Barleywine. Was not expecting to see them at all. I was happy getting the Regular on Black Friday.

I know they've been randomly showing up but haven't heard of it anytime recently. Now that just needs to happen for the Coffee Stout Variant.

Anyone going to try and head to El Cerrito this Sunday for Remy's Pappy?

I'm pretty sure I will. What time you showing up?

No clue yet, It's going to be a shitshow for sure though.

And with no limit set that could possibly be down to 1 each this has the potential to be the worst beer release I've ever participated in.

I actually feel like it won't be as bad as you're anticipating. From what I heard there will be over 1,000 bottles and they have to be handing out some kind of ticket thing if they plan on cutting off people at 8:45. The price is also high so that will scare people off.

We shall see. I just can't see it being worse than Pugachev's Royale. 400 bottles, no tickets, 40 degrees and raining.

Edited by eaterfan

I was at Nobles Party too. All the Naughty Sauce variants were amazing. Bean Bump on Cask with cocoa nibs (Cocoa Bump) was my favorite of the day. The Messenger was a good stand out as well.

I missed out on the Nelson Showers bring Citra Flowers Cask. Was a couple in line away from that one.

Wish I knew you were there. I would have let you buy me a free beer.