• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

The last couple batches has sucked with KS. Hope they get it back on par as well this time. Right now, I will buy Bear Republic Apex over Knuckles all day long.

Bad batches do happen though, canned a Double Trunk that wasn't up to par today so only one pallet wneto out and the order later in the week is cancelled.

Edited by James

Apex isn't my style but good for an ipa, had it tonight. El Cerrito also posted up picks of new brews that the lady wanted to get, so we also had Zure Van Tildonk Blond & Sour.....damn good and well mixed of both styles because both are defined. It's pretty interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Has a beer friend head out to Arizona this week, he got his hands on quite a few. Looks like I am trading a Kern Winter DIPA for it next week when I get back. Probably have it again at Russian River like they did last year.

Did the Drakes Hopocalypse release, Kern River, Heretic Evil3 and Faction last weekend. Faction is going to be a powerhouse brewery soon, everything is excellent. I was rocking an El Segundo Brewing Co hoodie that got me into many long discussions. Interesting to hear that 21A has gone down hill and GRB is thriving due to Tony grabbing one of their brewers last year. Segundo, GRB and Smog are getting a lot of love up there these day which is great to see.

I got really lucky on Thursday when Kern said they were tapping Citra for the weekend. I drank 7 pints or so Friday night and picked up a ton of beer. Anyone enter the lottery this time around? Hopefully I can score more bottles of my favorite IPA again.  

Hopocalypse release was awesome. My better half stayed sober and drove us from Kern to Drakes and we ended up 7th in line. Sat out at 5 am talking beer, cooking breakfast on BBQs and drinking beer. The event was packed but luckily my buddy kept bringing me by full pints every 10 minutes or so and I avoided the long lines. Black Label is a beast of a beer and probably way too hoppy for most. After a few I began to prefer the original myself. The event became a shit show and was too packed so we decided to head over to Heretic for the Evil3 IPA release. Beer was too malty for me but easy to drink at 11 %.

Quick turn around this week as we head up to Russian River for Younger on Thursday. Really looking forward to it and the DIPA/Triple IPA fest in Hayward on Saturday. The lineup is sick and looking forward to representing Los Angeles and enjoying El Segundo's new Triple as well as Beachwood. I have a ton of plans for Sunday and Monday but not so sure how much I will do after the shit show Friday and Saturday will be.

Edited by James

Has a beer friend head out to Arizona this week, he got his hands on quite a few. Looks like I am trading a Kern Winter DIPA for it next week when I get back. Probably have it again at Russian River like they did last year.

Did the Drakes Hopocalypse release, Kern River, Heretic Evil3 and Faction last weekend. Faction is going to be a powerhouse brewery soon, everything is excellent. I was rocking an El Segundo Brewing Co hoodie that got me into many long discussions. Interesting to hear that 21A has gone down hill and GRB is thriving due to Tony grabbing one of their brewers last year. Segundo, GRB and Smog are getting a lot of love up there these day which is great to see.

I got really lucky on Thursday when Kern said they were tapping Citra for the weekend. I drank 7 pints or so Friday night and picked up a ton of beer. Anyone enter the lottery this time around? Hopefully I can score more bottles of my favorite IPA again.  

Hopocalypse release was awesome. My better half stayed sober and drove us from Kern to Drakes and we ended up 7th in line. Sat out at 5 am talking beer, cooking breakfast on BBQs and drinking beer. The event was packed but luckily my buddy kept bringing me buy full pints every 10 minutes or so and I avoided the long lines. Black Label is a beast of a beer and probably way too hoppy for most. After a few I began to prefer the original myself. The event became a shit show and was too packed so we decided to head over to Heretic for the Evil3 IPA release. Beer was too malty for me but easy to drink at 11 %.

Quick turn around this week as we head up to Russian River for Younger on Thursday. Really looking forward to it and the DIPA/Triple IPA fest in Hayward on Saturday. The lineup is sick and looking forward to representing Los Angeles and enjoying El Segundo's new Triple as well as Beachwood. I have a tone of plans for Sunday and Monday but not so sure how much I will do after the shit show Friday and Saturday will be.

It will only be good if you get on camera again.

Have fun man.

Purchased my lone 1 bottle allocation of SKUs Me from The Rare Barrel today.

Also entered the Lottery for Kern Citra. If the gf and I both get picked we'll plan our trip up to Berkeley/Santa Rosa and make the detour to Kern. I have some Beatification waiting for me up there as well. Going to be a fun trip.

Purchased my lone 1 bottle allocation of SKUs Me from The Rare Barrel today.

Also entered the Lottery for Kern Citra. If the gf and I both get picked we'll plan our trip up to Berkeley/Santa Rosa and make the detour to Kern. I have some Beatification waiting for me up there as well. Going to be a fun trip.

The canyon road to Kern sucks. It is quite the detour because of that but well worth the trip. The prices at the brewery are awesome. 4.50 pints and bombers. The downfall of going during the normal citra release is that they have very few bottles of their other beers since they run a fifteen barrel system. 

Was the last release pickup times spread out over 10 days like this upcoming one? Only 320 winners doesn't seem too bad, but I've never been so I wouldn't know, I'm sure a bunch of people show up for it just on tap. Only way I'd go is if we both won. The odds of one of us winning with my luck is about 0.1%.

Yeah the last one was spread out as well but it only lasts on tap for a few days. It is really the only place to hang out in Kernville so locals are always there. The other night there was awesome because we were able to meet some cool locals. I am planning a weekend up there to do some mountain biking etc. 

I don't really blame you for only going if you both win but it really is worth it just for six. Just let them know quickly if you aren't going to take your allotment so someone else can take it. When I talked to him the other night he said it was a pain to contact the waitlist on the last day since they have to order before the window closes. He was considering changing it to where you were charged right when your name is picked therefore you have to go get them and he avoids the people who just put their names in but really don't plan on going. 

I was going to tell them right away if I cant make it. My luck I get picked, tell them I wont be able to make it and my gf gets picked from the people turning down bottles. I like the Idea of charging people right when they get picked, I'm sure there's a lot more people entering just to see this time around.

I'm planning on going but if I don't get picked my trip up north wont be until mid to late March instead.

Wasn't it released later last year? I still have a bottle I've been waiting to drink

Yes, released last year. I don't think it was released until spring or even summer. I still have 3 bottles left (drank one this week). It has even gotten a little better with age. The one complaint I have is that it's maybe a tiny bit too hot and bourbony. This year's batch is said to be smoother. I can't wait. I think I'm going to do a vertical in a few years.