• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Only been to one in that area and don't recall the name. I'd highly suggest you check out Toronado, so many rad beers there! There are so many great spots up there, have fun!

Yeah I found out our hotel is only a few miles from Toronado, so that's where we'll be headed.

Picked up the Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Stout, as well as the Milk Stout yesterday. Had the PB one last night, and thought it was pretty tasty.Had a good peanut butter taste to it.  

i have to hand it to you beer drinkers - some of the names for your product are hilarious. belching beaver has been my favorite name thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this trick?

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/how-not-to-get-drunk?click=promo

“Active yeast. Like you get at the grocery store.”

Koch told me that for years he has swallowed your standard Fleischmann’s dry yeast before he drinks, stirring the white powdery substance in with some yogurt to make it more palatable.

“One teaspoon per beer, right before you start drinking.”....

You see, what Owades knew was that active dry yeast has an enzyme in it called alcohol dehydrogenases (ADH). Roughly put, ADH is able to break alcohol molecules down into their constituent parts of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. Which is the same thing that happens when your body metabolizes alcohol in its liver. Owades realized if you also have that enzyme in your stomach when the alcohol first hits it, the ADH will begin breaking it down before it gets into your bloodstream and, thus, your brain.

“And it will mitigate – not eliminate – but mitigate the effects of alcohol!” Koch told me.

James,

Were/are you working at El Segundo Brewing? I seem to recall that but didn't want to dig through the thread and could be confused. 

Anyway, they had a bunch of their stuff at Whole Foods so I picked up some stuff. Anyone try anything they liked from there?

James is at Dudes.

As for El Segundo, there White Dog is easy to get and pretty good. I've been to the brewery but it was one of many that day. They have a scotch ale that is pretty interesting, too. Their stout is pretty good too.

Hop Tanker, Grand Hill, Mayberry, Three 5 Left are all very good IPA's from ESBC. Tom and crew do their thing. They and Julian, Beachwood crew, make the best beers in the LA area.

Dudes is going through some changes. The last batch of Double Trunk is great. We will see if the consistency issue can be solved and the tap room is becoming a reality which will allow for experimentation and growth as a brewery.

Step daughter just came back from a roadtrip to Portland...I had given her the Amex with the instructions that the only things she could use it for were if an emergency arose, or buying me beer.

Lucky me...no emergencies and a case of 750ml bottles from The Commons Brewery (3 each of Season Myrtle - a Tart Farmhouse Ale, Seasonal Biere Royale - Sour Ale with Black Currants, Flemish Kiss - Pale Ale with Brettaomyces, and Brotherly Love from the Beetje Series, Bourbon Barrel Aged Belgian Dark Strong with Sour Cherries and Cocoa Nibs), a few seasonal Base Camp beers, and a bottle of Bourbonic Plague from Cascade.

She follows instructions well.

Has anyone tried this trick?

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/how-not-to-get-drunk?click=promo

“Active yeast. Like you get at the grocery store.”

Koch told me that for years he has swallowed your standard Fleischmann’s dry yeast before he drinks, stirring the white powdery substance in with some yogurt to make it more palatable.

“One teaspoon per beer, right before you start drinking.”....

You see, what Owades knew was that active dry yeast has an enzyme in it called alcohol dehydrogenases (ADH). Roughly put, ADH is able to break alcohol molecules down into their constituent parts of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. Which is the same thing that happens when your body metabolizes alcohol in its liver. Owades realized if you also have that enzyme in your stomach when the alcohol first hits it, the ADH will begin breaking it down before it gets into your bloodstream and, thus, your brain.

“And it will mitigate – not eliminate – but mitigate the effects of alcohol!” Koch told me.

Tried it this weekend. I don't know if it worked because there were a lot of variables that I wasn't used to. I drank a lot of different beers, I wasn't drinking at a regular pace and I wasn't tracking how many beers I was drinking. I felt less drunk than I expected but part of that was probably placebo affect. I will try it again. 

I just stirred a couple teaspoons into a bit of water and took it like a shot. It was fine and burps tasted like pizza a little.

Stopped by Noble last night.

Had the Equinox, nitro stout, and grabbed a growler of breakfast.

But winner was they still had leftovers of drinko de mayo which is their gosebuster but with serrano chilis. Pretty awesome and very similar in bite to the ode tart with habanero or the black Phoenix with habanero. They still have some if anyone is in the area.

This one was the hottest of the three.

Last night was a great time at Beachwood. Nice party for the 1 yr anniversary of Beer Paper LA.

Had a ton of beers.

Bottle Logic Toasted in Tahiti- Probably the best beer I have had from them yet. Nice Pale with Coffee and Coconut

Bruery Pinneapple Sour in the Rye (cask w Citra)- This was just great. The Citra and Mouteka hops added quite a bit of depth to the beer.

Craftsmen Bay Laurel Sour-I always try his beers and usually they are just odd, this was much the same.

Haven Frank the Tank (nitro)- Another light beer with dark beer style ingredients. The Coffee and Cocoa nibs were a bit much for me.

Noble Nutty Sauce- This variation had Hazlenuts, Though it was solid but like other variations better. Second beer that kicked last night.

Smog City Mai Tai Hoptonic Cask-This was an amazing cask. Tasted like a Mai Tai with hops. First beer to kick.

Pizza Port San Clemente/Artifex Brewery San Clemente IPA-Solid but nothing special 

TAPS 2013 REMY- Great beer. Not really my style but well done.

Beachwood Laurel- Still one of my favorite IPA's

There were plenty more that I wanted to try but no way could I get to all of them.

Also, for you OC peeps. Beach City Brewery in HB opens Saturday. It is located near Gothard and Talbert. Pac City Brewery in Pacoima is now open for those out that way.

Also, The Dudes got city approval for the tap room last night. Shooting for an opening on July 1st.

Edited by James