• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

• 1 month later...

I've been working to drop a few...tough to find solid beers that don't break the calorie bank.

When you really break down the calorie count in some of these craft beers...well, that would explain why I need to drop a few.

Session IPAs tend to be around 125-140 calories...but most of them kind of suck.

Firestone DBA comes in at 150, and that's a nice beer.

Guiness comes in at a surprising 125 or so

Smog City had a nice pils for around 130

Anyone else have some suggestions? 

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/craft-711691-beer-wine.html

An OC Register article talking about best places to get adult beverages in Anaheim Stadium. It talks about the explosion of craft beer available in the stadium and makes recommendations of which beers to try. All of the beers mentioned are Anheiser Busch products.

I recently sent my yearly rant to my Season Seat Rep about this lack of good/craft beer in the stadium. She always responds nicely about it but I know it falls on deaf ears. ABInBev pays a lot of money for all those taps in the stadium, way more than they could ever make selling local craft brews. Petco Park makes me very jealous.

Noble Ale Works gets most of my pregame beer money.

Edited by Aaronkv

I recently sent my yearly rant to my Season Seat Rep about this lack of good/craft beer in the stadium. She always responds nicely about it but I know it falls on deaf ears. ABInBev pays a lot of money for all those taps in the stadium, way more than they could ever make selling local craft brews. Petco Park makes me very jealous.

Noble Ale Works gets most of my pregame beer money.

I agree with what you are saying. Economically it makes more sense to do what they're doing. I imagine you and I are in the top percent of people who care about beer at an Angel game. For 99% of the people a Goose Island IPA will be the best, most flavorful, and exotic beer they'll have that week. And it's leaps and bounds better than anything they had a decade ago. I don't go to games to drink beer. I go to watch games. But it would be nice to have stuff from Noble or Pizza Port available somewhere in the stadium.

Dude you're gonna piss of some pretentious Nocallers saying shit like that.

Speaking of beers north of us, I spent the weekend drinking Rainier. It was born in the mountains and made from Yakima Valley hops. Fantastic.

It's brewed from Yak piss. Way back in the 70's my brother and I went to Montana and stayed at our Aunts place in Helena. We bunked in the basement for a couple days. That is where Uncle Gene kept a second refrigerator stocked with beer should he happen to run out upstairs. We thought we had hit the jackpot, an entire fridge stocked to top with beer. Soon we found out uncle Gene was not too particular as to how he got drunk, just so his wife's voice quit piercing his skull. We tried to get drunk on Raineer Beer (teenagers will drink anything) but we gave up after two.

After being sold a couple of times they shut it down in the late 90's, I don't think there was a single person that complained, they just switched over to Brew102 or some alike swill. What you are drinking now is from Irwindale, California. No relationship to the original brewery in Washington or recipe. It appears the cost of Yak piss was too expensive.

It's brewed from Yak piss. Way back in the 70's my brother and I went to Montana and stayed at our Aunts place in Helena. We bunked in the basement for a couple days. That is where Uncle Gene kept a second refrigerator stocked with beer should he happen to run out upstairs. We thought we had hit the jackpot, an entire fridge stocked to top with beer. Soon we found out uncle Gene was not too particular as to how he got drunk, just so his wife's voice quit piercing his skull. We tried to get drunk on Raineer Beer (teenagers will drink anything) but we gave up after two.

After being sold a couple of times they shut it down in the late 90's, I don't think there was a single person that complained, they just switched over to Brew102 or some alike swill. What you are drinking now is from Irwindale, California. No relationship to the original brewery in Washington or recipe. It appears the cost of Yak piss was too expensive.

Crazy story about Brew 102.

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/09/local/me-brewery9

I've been working to drop a few...tough to find solid beers that don't break the calorie bank.

When you really break down the calorie count in some of these craft beers...well, that would explain why I need to drop a few.

Session IPAs tend to be around 125-140 calories...but most of them kind of suck.

try this:

Miller-Lite-debuts-new-bottle-for-first-

it supposed to taste great AND, get this, be less filling!

None. You mentioned Guinness which would work, but you really have to cut it out.

I was in the same boat and started meal prepping and cutout 90% (probably closer to 75% now) and have lost close to 20 pounds in about 2 months counting this week. I lost 15 just in the first month, month and a half...then started to have a few more than usual and have been stagnant.

I don't think there really is a way unless you cut it out. Or work your ass off when you do drink.

I'm a stout drinker and love the coffee versions but the barrel aged stuff doesn't click for me. I casually picked up a Parabajava last weekend at the new Firestone brewery in Venice because it's one of those hard to get beers—they leaked some for the grand opening. I'll see if I at least like coffee BA beers.  

None. You mentioned Guinness which would work, but you really have to cut it out.

I was in the same boat and started meal prepping and cutout 90% (probably closer to 75% now) and have lost close to 20 pounds in about 2 months counting this week. I lost 15 just in the first month, month and a half...then started to have a few more than usual and have been stagnant.

I don't think there really is a way unless you cut it out. Or work your ass off when you do drink.

Oh, I get that I should cut it out completely...but I choose not to...I'd rather enjoy myself with a beer or two once or twice a week than not....quickest way to get me to stop altogether. Worked so far...down 25 in 6 weeks. Big part is doing the math. Drink a beer, means you work out more or eat less that day.