• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cozart is utter garbage

Chuck

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

I will have more confidence in Blash when he shows he can at least make contact with fastball over the plate.  

Well he's had what, 3 games with us so far? Let's give him more of chance. 

Also, Upton swung through an 84 MPH fastball right down the middle with the bases loaded. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Well he's had what, 3 games with us so far? Let's give him more of chance. 

Also, Upton swung through an 84 MPH fastball right down the middle with the bases loaded. 

Can he at least foul off the meatballs down the middle?  

Blash swung through five of them in two at bats

What do we do with Cozart if this continues? There are too many bad hitters to have this kind of production out of 3rd.

Seems like he is owed too much money to scrap the move to 3B project. 

We are stuck with this offense the more and more I think about it. Either they start hitting now or we miss out on the playoffs. I don’t think much help is coming from outside the org.

you guys are living in a dream if you think the angels have any intention whatsoever of using cozart as a super utility bench player. he's starting now and next year too, albeit possibly at 2b.

i think i'm going to have to take a break from this board. it's just a shit show of negativity and tantrums from the top on down. 

i'll see you guys when you're in a better place.

best of luck.

dump Valbuena, Marte, Fontana, Paredes, Drake, Blash and Young.  Calhoun and Simmons come off the DL.  Call up Jewell and Lamb.  Cozart becomes the util inf.  Call up one of Ward or Thaiss.  JMF to 3b or 1b full time depending on who it is.  Call up EY jr as the 4th OFer.  Trade for a reliever and dump Johnson.  

Kinsler
Trout
Upton
Pujols
Simmons
JMF
Ward/Thaiss
Calhoun
Maldo

Cozart, EY, Briceno

Herrera. Parker, Anderson, Alvarez, Ramirez, Lamb, Jewell, Bedrock

Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Barria, Trop.  

Lamb can spot start if need be or you play roster roulette and call up one of Canning or Suarez for that 6th spot.  

Herrera cost you Rivas and Aquino/Soriano/Pena.  

That's too many moves for a team in the mix so it'll never happen.  They won't shake the roster up that drastically.  

Of all the things that won't happen even though we want it to is ditching Valbuena.  He'll be here the whole year.  

43 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Robb Quinlan thinks Blash’ swing is f’d up.

If even Robb Quinlan thinks Blash's swing is f'd up then it must be really bad lol

Blash will be lucky if he even comes close to Quinlan's production, Q has a .723 career OPS with 2 seasons where his OPS was over .800 (.836 in 2006 & .926 in 2004).

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Neither can Young,  Calhoun, Hermosillo.

Blash at least gives us an all or nothing guy. We got nothing from the previous guys. 

Calhoun is a proven ML hitter who been shitty the first two months. The smart thing to do is get him back on track. 

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

you guys are living in a dream if you think the angels have any intention whatsoever of using cozart as a super utility bench player. he's starting now and next year too, albeit possibly at 2b.

i think i'm going to have to take a break from this board. it's just a shit show of negativity and tantrums from the top on down. 

best of luck.

You realize he’s hitting .222/.297/.367/.661 ?

that doesnt really cut it at 3rd, we aren’t being negative we all just want to fix the offense.

In Cozart's defense last year was clearly a career year in a contract year as he had career highs in HR's, BB's, AVG, OBP, SLG and OPS .  Even after including last year offensively he's been below league average for his career.  Most guys that perform like he did in their early 30's after a history of being average or even below average haven't suddenly figured things out it's an outlier.

9 hours ago, ukyah said:

best of luck.

And that would be a mistake. That does not solve the massive issues this team has offensively at multiple positions. Unless he picks it up the remainder of this season, there's no reason to go into next year having him as one of your starters. If they do so, it's simply because of how much money he makes