• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday 5/30 Angels @ Tigers Ohtani Returns

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

As long as people are posting negative stuff in this thread, I'd like to point out that JD Martinez is having a better season than Upton and so far, his contract is looking better than Upton's. Since they signed a similar deal, I am comparing them because the Angels could have went with Martinez instead. Right now, the Red Sox made the better choice.

Good point. 

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

How the F*ck should I know?  This same line up, minus Cozart scored 9 yesterday.  

The point being that there’s no consistency. Who has had an extended hot streak this year? Simmons comes close, but Trout is hot and cold, the pitchers are hot and cold, and the bullpen has only been consistent in their awfulness. It’s hard to imagine being a contender for years to come. Signing Pujols, Hamilton anf CJ Wilson will haunt us for a long time. Poor Trout, and now Poor Ohtani. 

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

As long as people are posting negative stuff in this thread, I'd like to point out that JD Martinez is having a better season than Upton and so far, his contract is looking better than Upton's. Since they signed a similar deal, I am comparing them because the Angels could have went with Martinez instead. Right now, the Red Sox made the better choice.

Dude if you’re a fan of this team you know that if JD Martinez signed here he would be hitting .220 with 4 homeruns.

we are snake bitten 

This entire month has been really rough.  A lot of disappointment.  A lot of you guys make this way more complicated then it is.  It’a pretty simple.  The Angels line up is not delivering at a consistent enough level to win games. 

- Calhoun is massive disappointment, and is currently a bad player. 

- Cozart has disappointed, even compared to modest expectations. 

- Upton has not played up to expectations.  Getting hit in the hand derailed the little run he was on.  Gotta wait for him to get locked in again.  In the mean time.  We’re screwed. 

- Kinsler has been bad.  The hits in this series aside.  He’s been terrible. 

- Pujols isn’t very good. He’s the clean up hitter.  Even if he was batting 5th or 6th.  Other then Trout Upton and Simmons the Angels bats have been poor.  Ohtani isn’t in the line up everyday.  He’s good, but the last 14 days he hasn’t hit much.  Point being.  There’s no really good alternative to Pujols.  For better worse.  Batting 4, 5, or 6  he’s a mainstay in the line up.  It’s the way the team is assembled. 

-  the bullpen is average and far over extended.  Tonight is disappointing.  Bedrosian isn’t great.  But overall the bullpen has given us a lot of good innings. 

-  the SP are OK.  A lot of guys trying to work their way back from significant injury and we aren’t getting a lot of innings.  For me, we need a lot more from Garrett Richards. 

Anyway that’s it. The bottom line is we have to many people preforming poorly.  It doesn’t matter what micro management complaints you guys bitch about.  The Angels have to field a team.  A lot of the players aren’t playing well.  So, we’re losing.  That’s it.  

30 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I can answer all of those questions with one simple answer, lack of talent.

Lack of talent?  Kinsler has no talent? Cozart? Upton? or how about the trio of Trout, Ohtani, and Simmons who are three of the best players in baseball and yet it's the same excuses every year.

Angels can sign Machado AND Harper next year and Scioscia will still find a way to lose but it's not Scioscia, it's the lack of talent lol. No it's the horrible manager.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

LOL at Lodge talking up Kole Calhoun on the radio. Man, if I were in legal trouble I would want him as my attorney before the judge. Talk about positive spin...he's laying it on thick.

"...36% hard-hit rate, the highest of his career!" WTH is that? 

I am sure he will have a similar take for Bedrosian. 

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

Lack of talent?  Kinsler has no talent? Cozart? Upton? or how about the trio of Trout, Ohtani, and Simmons who are three of the best players in baseball and yet it's the same excuses every year.

Angels can sign Machado AND Harper next year and Scioscia will still find a way to lose but it's not Scioscia, it's the lack of talent lol. No it's the horrible manager.

Cool.  Thanks for sharing.  I’m sure the Hall of Fame will put something similar to this post on his plaque.  

2 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

No one is putting a gun to Scioscia's head and forcing him to play Calhoun everyday, or put Pujols in the clean up spot, or bring in Bedrosian in a close game.

Stop with the excuses and fire his ass already.

This is true. Scioscia didn't cause Calhoun to suck, but he isn't helping by giving him nearly everyday PAs for 2 months now.  That's inexcusable. He's on pace for perhaps the worst season in MLB history.
Also, batting Pujols 4th despite below replacement level production. Letting Bedrosian pitch in close games. Etc.

5 minutes ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

This is true. Scioscia didn't cause Calhoun to suck, but he isn't helping by giving him nearly everyday PAs for 2 months now.  That's inexcusable. He's on pace for perhaps the worst season in MLB history.
Also, batting Pujols 4th despite below replacement level production. Letting Bedrosian pitch in close games. Etc.

Scioscia didnt cause Calhoun to suck but he's certainly not helping him figure it out. And if it doesn't work out, move on already. And how many games does Johnson and Bedrosian have to blow to stop using them?

And the team looks like their sleepwalking through the game, and that's on the manager - no one else.

The Angels are in a funk and they’ll get going again.  But there are serious weaknesses in the roster.  It’s up to Eppler and Arte to decide how they’re going to deal with it.  I have to imagine they want very badly to get into the playoffs this year.  The Mariners will go into a funk.  The Twins aren’t great.  It’s us and those 2 for the 2nd wild card.  You guys need to stop losing it every time we lose games.  It’s still early in the season.  We are taking our knocks. 

Thats baseball.  Deal with it.  We’re guaranteed to lose 60 and win 60.  There’s a reason the over under on this team was 85 wins. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I love the lack of logic Scioscia haters have.  Yep not on the players at all.  Not on the GM who puts players on the team.  Just on Scioscia.  So we have a bullpen of 7 arms, Bedrosian, Johnson and Morris all suck.  If Morris and Parades (the two guys that come up most often) both suck, then my guess is we don’t have guys that can simply replace Bedrosian and Johnson without bring up guys that are worse than Morris and Parades.  If they have pitchers better than Morris and Parades then why aren’t they called up instead of those two terrible pitchers.  

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

Scioscia didnt cause Calhoun to suck but he's certainly not helping him figure it out. And if it doesn't work out, move on already. And how many games does Johnson and Bedrosian have to blow to stop using them?

And the team looks like their sleepwalking through the game, and that's on the manager - no one else.

It's Scioscia's job to put the team in the best possible position to win, and he has failed to do so. This team has lost so many winnable games when Scioscia puts the likes of Bedrosian in close games. Giving Calhoun almost everyday PAs for 2 months despite an OPS under .400 is another huge reason why this team is underperforming. Batting Pujols 4th is another reason. Etc. etc.

The only silver lining to the Angels missing the postseason is that Scioscia's reign of terror will end. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Angels are in a funk and they’ll get going again.  But there are serious weaknesses in the roster.  It’s up to Eppler and Arte to decide how they’re going to deal with it.  I have to imagine they want very badly to get into the playoffs this year.  The Mariners will go into a funk.  The Twins aren’t great.  It’s us and those 2 for the 2nd wild card.  You guys need to stop losing it every time we lose games.  It’s still early iN the season.  We taking out knocks. 

Dream on