• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday 5/30 Angels @ Tigers Ohtani Returns

13 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

#6 and 7 got three more weeks of starts with their strange offensive explosion yesterday.

And we're stuck with Calhoun because Young is just as bad at the plate but can't defend.

Oh well, it is what it is. At least Kinsler's not leading off anymore.

Kinsler's at bats yesterday were highly encouraging, he looked great. Maybe he'll get it going.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Calhoun couldn't even get a hit yesterday... what is wrong with this guy? It's not like he could never hit.

The shift has destroyed him and he hasn't figured out how to adjust.

If this keeps up, his career will be over very soon. I feel for him. He's a great guy but he needs to figure things out now and get back to where he once was. He's too young for this decline to be the normal age-related kind. He's actually having one of the worst offensive seasons in baseball history.

10 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

If this keeps up, his career will be over very soon. I feel for him. He's a great guy but he needs to figure things out now and get back to where he once was. He's too young for this decline to be the normal age-related kind. He's actually having one of the worst offensive seasons in baseball history.

Yep, he's borderline Bill Bergen-esque.  If he somehow manages to qualify for rate stats this year (501 PA), and keeps up this level of futility, it will be the worst season in modern baseball history.

10 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Calhoun's issues are not just because of the shift. If it was ONLY that, he would have much more than just 1 measly home run.

...and more than 1 2B, 1 3B, etc.  Agreed.  Extra-base hits rarely have anything to do with the shift.

43 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The shift obviously hasn't helped, but it's not his problem. He's so bad I'm not even sure the shift has negatively effected him, weak grounders to the right side are almost always outs, no matter how many defenders you slide over there.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The shift obviously hasn't helped, but it's not his problem. He's so bad I'm not even sure the shift has negatively effected him, weak grounders to the right side are almost always outs, no matter how many defenders you slide over there.

Its for sure a mental issue. I bet if the entire defense shifted to the 3rd base side he'd have 4 ground outs to the 3rd baseman.