• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 4/22 - Angels vs Giants

Just now, failos said:

I made that comment without knowing Barria’s age. I thought he was at least 25 for some reason

I don’t know a ton about the guy, but I don’t think he was on the radar two years ago, and last year went from Single A to Triple A, something like that.  He made people take notice.  He has poise and control and seems to do a decent job.  He won’t light up the radar gun, but seems to know how to pitch.  That is what I remember from reading things from Scotty, Tots, and IP.  

3 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Hot take: this is the first time I've disagreed with the handling of Ohtani. I think its a mistake to put him this high in the lineup this early, when he is working on this many things.

Who should bat 4th today? 

Where would you Ohtani? 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Who should bat 4th today? 

Where would you Ohtani? 

I probably would have had Trout third with Kinsler/Cozart/Simmons infront of him in some order, and Upton 4th. You're right though - it is awkward to make the lineup without Pujols right now (weird thing to say...). I like Ohtani at 7th a lot - he has been showing cracks as a hitter recently, so right now is possibly the worst time to suddenly throw him into the heart of the lineup (yes, he had a two hit game, but he looked pretty bad the game before that). I guess I mean that it seems like it would be wise to let him adjust on his way down the lineup, rather than throwing him from 8th to 4th in about a week (?), after only 2 (?) games batted.

2 minutes ago, failos said:

Shohei should be batting 7th. It puts less pressure on him, and keeps him strong for when he pitches. 

Do really think 1 extra AB (maybe) will make that much of a difference in his pitching performance a couple of days from now?