• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gotta turn the page..

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Coming into this season, we had a 4-1-1 series record over the last 6 series vs Boston (and a record of 26-15 since 2012).

Uh, didn't Boston finish LAST in the AL East a couple of those years? 

Look at our record against teams that are > or = to .500 over the last few years. Include our vaunted 2014 year. To paraphrase a common AW analogy, we defecate the linens.

7 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Look at our record against teams that are > or = to .500 over the last few years. Include our vaunted 2014 year. To paraphrase a common AW analogy, we defecate the linens.

Wait, you're bashing the team as not being able to consistently beat good teams based on two losses to Boston, yet we can't use our recent history vs them to prove otherwise? Or is your definition of consistently limited to a 2-game span? 

If not, then you have characterized Boston as a bad team, so your claim needs evidence to support it. 

Edited by Lou

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

WE FACED THE CLEVELAND INDIANS AND BEAT THEM 2/3. We also beat the best starting pitcher in baseball in Corey Kluber. 

The Indians were below .500 when we faced them. They are still dead last in MLB in hitting.

In fact, Boston is the only team that we have faced that was over .500 when we faced them. Well, excluding the fact that OAK won the first game of the season and were technically above .500. That changed the next night and continues to be the case.

I think the Angels are improved this year. We just have to prove it against teams that are good. So far, we are zippo.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Wait, you're bashing the team as not being able to consistently beat good teams based on two losses to Boston, yet we can't use our recent history vs them to prove otherwise? Or is your definition of consistently limited to a 2-game span? 

I'm basing my definition on the criteria I listed above. We tend to suck against teams that are > or = to .500.

But it's early in the season. I am not as down on the Angels as many are, based on these last two games. The Red Sox are REALLY good. I never understood all these writers that were picking the Yankees in the AL EAST. The Sox have way better starters and their bullpen is almost as good.

13 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

The Indians were below .500 when we faced them. They are still dead last in MLB in hitting.

In fact, Boston is the only team that we have faced that was over .500 when we faced them. Well, excluding the fact that OAK won the first game of the season and were technically above .500. That changed the next night and continues to be the case.

I think the Angels are improved this year. We just have to prove it against teams that are good. So far, we are zippo.

And we're the only team over .500 that the Red Sox have played. 

They loaded up their record by going 11-1 vs 3 of the worst teams in MLB - TB, Miami and Baltimore.

32 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Ok, how about going 7-6 vs Boston the last 2 years when they won AL East both seasons?