• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gotta turn the page..

Chuck

meh.  not sure they're better.  

they played well and we didn't.  In fact, not a single player on the halos has done dick in this series so far.  that's an aberration more than an eventuality.  

win tomorrow and it's a simple lost series and not the statement everyone claims it to be.  

actually, even if they don't win tomorrow, it still doesn't mean as much as people think.  

I had a bad feeling going in to this series. Just felt like everything was going too right.

Ohtani gets lit, meh. Its gonna happen (and you can tell something was wrong). Skaggs gets lit, meh. Hes not a feont end starter, and boston can hit.

Forget the runs given up (its gonna happen). Im more shaking my head that our offense got shut down so bad. This team is going to have to win with offense.

Like Doc said, its not the end of the world. But getting shutdown so badly is kind of worrying.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I had a bad feeling going in to this series. Just felt like everything was going too right.

Ohtani gets lit, meh. Its gonna happen (and you can tell something was wrong). Skaggs gets lit, meh. Hes not a feont end starter, and boston can hit.

Forget the runs given up (its gonna happen). Im more shaking my head that our offense got shut down so bad. This team is going to have to win with offense.

Like Doc said, its not the end of the world. But getting shutdown so badly is kind of worrying.

Personally I’m not worried about the offense. It’s the starting pitching that isn’t up to par. They’ve had only 4 quality starts so far this season. Other than Ohtani I’m not very impressed. 

51 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

meh.  not sure they're better.  

they played well and we didn't.  In fact, not a single player on the halos has done dick in this series so far.  that's an aberration more than an eventuality.  

win tomorrow and it's a simple lost series and not the statement everyone claims it to be.  

actually, even if they don't win tomorrow, it still doesn't mean as much as people think.  

just realized i just could have said ditto

Red Sox are light years ahead of the Angels right now. But doesn’t mean we can’t get them later in the year. Still a long season to go, let’s hope they don’t get swept and get it back on track tomorrow. But today and yesterday makes the 13-3 kind of depressing when we get bitch slapped by Boston of all people. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Red Sox are light years ahead of the Angels right now. But doesn’t mean we can’t get them later in the year. Still a long season to go, let’s hope they don’t get swept and get it back on track tomorrow. But today and yesterday makes the 13-3 kind of depressing when we get bitch slapped by Boston of all people. 

Could be worse the Yankees split with Miami, losing 9-1

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Red Sox are just clearly better, but it doesn't mean we're not a contender. We're still leading the AL West. 

We're good. Take the series finale tomorrow and send the Chowdas a big F you, we'll get you later message on their way out. 

They've blown us out in these two games but I think it's too early to say they're clearly better. I'd like us to take this game because being swept at home is saying a lot in terms of how good we are versus the Sox.

Baseball is a streaky game. We were red hot and so were they.

We just had a 2 day layover, to their 1, that cooled us off. 

Sadly, our bats cooling off coincided with our pitchers deciding to get tagged. So we get blown out for two games. Betts is a good player but come on, he isn't going to have another 3-HR game in his entire career odds are.

We cooled off, they stayed hot. Big fuckin whoop, that's baseball. We'll see who's hot in October. 

My money's on Mike-fuckin'-A-Trout.

8 hours ago, LHalo said:

Personally I’m not worried about the offense. It’s the starting pitching that isn’t up to par. They’ve had only 4 quality starts so far this season. Other than Ohtani I’m not very impressed. 

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

The bullpen is worriesome too

image.jpeg.41c056c8489853bb09ad2425ef412e45.jpeg

7 minutes ago, laagamer said:

Sadly, our bats cooling off coincided with our pitchers deciding to get tagged. So we get blown out for two games. Betts is a good player but come on, he isn't going to have another 3-HR game in his entire career odds are.

He's already had THREE 3-HR games in his career, tying Ted Williams for the most by a Red Sox player.

Edited by fan_since79

Wasn't shocked by the Boston offense, as they have been hot, but more concerned about the Angels' offense laying down to the PED Sux pitchers at home.  Would have expected a bit more push back or urgency after getting hammered the night before but the at bats were pretty uninspired, borderline spineless.  Porcello and Price are capable starters but they made them look ace-like and that can't all be contributed to a two-day layoff.   Hopefully, they can sac-up and salvage today's game.

A deeper problem than our lack of offense these past two days is the disappearance of Cozart and Calhoun. If the two of them have a dreadful year at the plate...well, I don't want to think about it.

edit: Looking at Cozart's 2018 numbers, they're actually around his career averages. Last year's .933 OPS may be an outlier after all.

Edited by fan_since79

4 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Wasn't shocked by the Boston offense, as they have been hot, but more concerned about the Angels' offense laying down to the PED Sux pitchers at home.  Would have expected a bit more push back or urgency after getting hammered the night before but the at bats were pretty uninspired, borderline spineless.  Porcello and Price are capable starters but they made them look ace-like and that can't all be contributed to a two-day layoff.   Hopefully, they can sac-up and salvage today's game.

Clemens gave the Red Sox starting pitchers like Price and Porcello his Clemens drugs. Porcello blowing away Calhoun and Cozart in the first inning last night, sure!

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

A deeper problem than our lack of offense these past two days is the disappearance of Cozart and Calhoun. If the two of them have a dreadful year at the plate...well, I don't want to think about it.

Calhoun messed up the momentum last night. Lets a soft tosser like Porcello blow him away, that's disgusting. But the Angels let the soft tosser off the hook like all nigiht long. 

1 hour ago, Ender said:

That HR line you guys added to the RF wall is stupid. I mean they still would have scored runs off Devers hit .... but it just seems so silly.

So having the HR line being the same height as yours is stupid and silly.

Got it.